Bless This House Page 4

Quote: Aaron @ June 19 2008, 5:50 PM BST

Yes, hence its cancellation during series one. Rolling eyes

It's original title was Carry on Borrowing Sugar From Next Door but they changed it's title

Quote: Aaron @ June 19 2008, 5:50 PM BST

Yes, hence its cancellation during series one. Rolling eyes

Ah, but Aaron, that doesn't necessarily mean it would be any good.
My Hero as an example!

Personally I loved Bless This House!
It was funny, warm and, imo, had no hidden message or agenda.
Not likely to see its like again unfortunately.
However, if they were to do a remake I wonder who from todays acting world would be suitable for the characters, if anyone?
Suggestions anyone?
I'll think on, myself.

Quote: garyd @ June 19 2008, 6:25 PM BST

However, if they were to do a remake I wonder who from todays acting world would be suitable for the characters, if anyone?
Suggestions anyone?
I'll think on, myself.

I thought they had remade it and called it My Family!?

Quote: Alan C @ June 19 2008, 6:27 PM BST

I thought they had remade it and called it My Family!?

:D

Not bloody likely!!

In parts My Family has been okay but no comparison to BTH, that's only my opinion of course.

I'm still reeling at ITV remaking Dharma and Greg ffs

Quote: garyd @ June 19 2008, 6:29 PM BST

In parts My Family has been okay but no comparison to BTH, that's only my opinion of course.

My Family is good, but not a patch on Bless This House.

They are probably about the same in quality. If pushed to make a decision, I would probably go for My Family, but it is almost impossible to make a decision of the two. Both series had an excellent first three series, but when both series got to series five, both shows started to lack quality.

An interesting fact of this series - unlike most of her other contributions to the genre, Carla Lane has no discernable stamp on the storylines and yet she was involved in writing over 20 of them.

Twelve of which with Myra Taylor.

Indeed. A strong guideline sheet. And all the better for it.

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 19 2008, 9:52 PM BST

Twelve of which with Myra Taylor.

With whom she was also writing The Liver Birds at the same time and that show had her stamp ALL over it!?

A question really for devout fans of the show, which writers do you think wrote the best episodes. I'll probably go for the Harry Driver and Vince Powell episodes. Though Carla Lane/Myra Taylor and Dave Freeman's episodes were good for the most part.

Probably pop one on tonight. Haven't watched the TV Series for ages. Will probably work my way through the first couple of series. But also currently watching 'Car 54 Where Are you' 'One Foot in the Grave' and 'Men Behaving Badly' and 'Paul Merton in Galton and Simpson's' is in the post. Just too much choice at the minute.

Men Behaving Badly series 1 is £3 for the DVD in Tescos.

And Bless This House series 1 is £4.99 for the DVD at CD-WOW! - a much better, and more cost-effective, way to spend one's money.

Not to mention much funnier.

Men Behaving Badly is funnier than Bless this House.