Bless This House Page 3

But a real dirty old man apparently. Fit well on here :D

Notice 'Bless this House' the movie is on today. Never seen it before. Should be good.

FILM: Bless This House
On: Channel 4
Date: Wednesday 18th June 2008
Time: 12:45 to 14:25

An anytime alert is set for 15 minutes before the programme starts
Movie spin-off from the popular 70s TV series, starring Sid James as Sid Abbott, the middle-class, middle-aged father who doesn't understand the youth of the day, in particular his own children, Mike and Sally, who both seem keener to attend demos than get a job. Plus, he's also having problems with his new neighbour Ronald Baines. So when Baines' daughter Kate falls for Mike, comic confusions ensue.
(Widescreen, 1972, PG, 3 Star)

Director: Gerald Thomas
Starring: Sid James, Diana Coupland, Sally Geeson, Peter Butterworth, Terry Scott, June Whitfield

I wish I was at home watching Bless This House the movie :(

Not a bad film, but as ever with these spin-offs, not a patch on the TV Show.

In the case of bless this house that translates as''the series were shite ,and the film is shiter...!'

Incorrect.

Also poor punctuation and poor grammar. C -.

As with a lot of these spin-offs, the supporting cast on TV got the bullet for more established "stars". Having said that, I know Sid James did not like Robin Stewart in the series so it wasn't a surprise he didn't make the film version.

Ah, did he not? Any idea why?

I believe he had issues with his lack of professionalism - not learning his lines, arrive late for rehearsals, etc. Robin Askwith was in the final episode of series 2 and 2 weeks later he was playing Robin Stewart's role in the feature film.

Ah, now that's very interesting! Might re-watch that episode a bit later today.

The episode is titled 'A Touch of the Unknown' which is my favourite episode of 'Bless this House' What I have against the movie is that basically it is a Carry On. I think Bless this House is in a much higher comic league than a Carry On film. I object to the fact replacing 'Carry On' style actors with the actors who played the charactors in the TV Series. Why change Robin Stewart and Anthony Jackson (Mike and Trevor) with Robin Askwith and Peter Butterworth. Why change the loyal director William G Stewart with Carry On director Gerald Thomson. Why bother making the movie and why not just make another Carry On instead of ruining for what in the most part was a classic sitcom.

It was absolute unfunny crap! and finding fault with my grammmmeeerrrr and puktuinatshun, wont change the facts.

There were 65 episodes = a fact, saying it's crap or shite = opinion not fact.

Quote: Rockabilly @ June 19 2008, 4:43 PM BST

It was absolute unfunny crap! and finding fault with my grammmmeeerrrr and puktuinatshun, wont change the facts.

Yes, hence its cancellation during series one. Rolling eyes