Bless This House Page 5

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 19 2008, 11:08 PM BST

Men Behaving Badly is funnier than Bless this House.

Much funnier!

BTH was a bit cliched but MBB was much more original.

Quote: Jack Massey @ June 19 2008, 11:08 PM BST

Men Behaving Badly is funnier than Bless this House.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 19 2008, 11:09 PM BST

Much funnier!

Lies, lies, and more contemptible lies!

(Particularly series one of Men Behaving Badly. That was bad.)

Quote: Aaron @ June 19 2008, 11:11 PM BST

Lies, lies, and more contemptible lies!

(Particularly series one of Men Behaving Badly. That was bad.)

Comparatively yes - but Men Behaving Badly had more Laugh Out Louds. Bless this House just made me smile. Sure it had Syd James but it was a bit lame for him really.

Complete opposite for me! Bless This House may very well be my favourite sitcom. Certainly in the top five.

Quote: Aaron @ June 19 2008, 11:22 PM BST

Complete opposite for me! Bless This House may very well be my favourite sitcom. Certainly in the top five.

Oh well. That just proves you've got no taste!

I think my problem with Bless This House is that there were so many better things on when it was first broadcast - for my taste anyway. We had so much choice back then.

Quote: David Chapman @ June 19 2008, 11:23 PM BST

Oh well. That just proves you've got no taste!

Pfft. Says you, old man.

Quote: Alan C @ June 19 2008, 11:24 PM BST

I think my problem with Bless This House is that there were so many better things on when it was first broadcast - for my taste anyway. We had so much choice back then.

Going back to my usual comment - it was an ITV sitcom. BBC did it sooooo much better.

But the first two series of 'Men Behaving Badly' were broadcast by ITV. Bless this House is funnier than the ITV episodes of MBB, but when the BBC got involved, especially series 5,6 and the triology, it became a top of the range sitcom. Series 1 of MBB wasn't bad, it was good, but not brilliant, agreed.

Hey well am new to this forum, glad to have found it though!
Bless This House for me is just one of British Televisions best classic comedy series.
I just laugh at Sid even before he says anything.
Very well written too.
One episode that tickles me is Frozen Limit S6E1

When Sid tells Jean that it's ileagal to interfere with the electricity boards fuses by breaking the seals etc, what a laugh when Jean replies "Well if it's there's what's it doing in our garage?"

Another one I like is the episode where Sid is in his garage and something falls off a shelf and hits him on the head then Sid makes out that he's lost his memory.
I just can't recall which episode this was? perhaps my memories gone LOL

Saw a few repeats of the show on ITV, wasn't bad. Second best sitcom James appeared in IMO, first being Hancock's Half Hour of course.

I loved Bless This House. There again, I liked Sid James.

I love both. :)

Carry Ons, Bless This House - all good stuff. Much better than modern day "rubbish".

:)