The Office: An American Workplace Page 16

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 18 2010, 10:40 AM GMT

Good news! I've just checked on a TV listings site and they have Season 5 starting on Wednesday 31st March, just two days after the fourth finishes. Hopefully this info is accurate.

Excellent! Although I wish they'd stand back and let the episodes breathe slightly. Banging 4 out a week seems a waste.

Quote: chipolata @ March 18 2010, 11:57 AM GMT

Banging 4 out a week seems a waste.

What a stupid way to air a program. It's also stupid that you aren't watching Season 6 like we are. Will the corporations never learn?

I watched the 'advert' episode last night and really enjoyed it, in fact I had to hold back the tears, it was quite touching.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 18 2010, 1:25 PM GMT

I watched the 'advert' episode last night and really enjoyed it, in fact I had to hold back the tears, it was quite touching.

It was, and the actual advert was quite good I thought!

Hey Matthew, I've just been to your blog and read about the sketch show pilot and well impressed. How did you get Eldin and the others involved?

I watche a couple more episodes, loved Michael in the wild with Dwight watching on.
But nothing beats 3 guys in a car with moustaches, well not in my book anyway.

Quote: deckard @ March 12 2010, 7:10 PM GMT

Am I the only one who feels that The Office has run its comedic course?

Probably this has been posted somewhere else, but I do like this from The Onion...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/the_office_ends_as

Another couple of good episodes last night, I particularly enjoyed the party episode. "Do you know the toll three vasectomies take on the body!" :D

And I liked Michael's tiny plasma screen. Also good to see Twin Peak's log lady pop up.

Quote: chipolata @ March 23 2010, 9:25 AM GMT

Also good to see Twin Peak's log lady pop up.

Oh yes, so it was! :)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 18 2010, 10:40 AM GMT

Good news! I've just checked on a TV listings site and they have Season 5 starting on Wednesday 31st March, just two days after the fourth finishes.

Hopefully this info is accurate.

Yes, well, suffice to say, this info wasn't accurate. They have the last episode on at 8pm on Wed 31st, followed by something that isn't season 5 of The Office.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 23 2010, 1:47 PM GMT

Yes, well, suffice to say, this info wasn't accurate. They have the last episode on at 8pm on Wed 31st, followed by something that isn't season 5 of The Office.

You haven't just let me down, Lucas. You've let yourself down.

Quote: chipolata @ March 23 2010, 2:34 PM GMT

You haven't just let me down, Lucas. You've let yourself down.

So what's new. Eh? What's f**king new!

The 4th season has developed into a really good one, and tonights episodes were very good. The golf buggy crash was LOLable and I like the way Michael falls in love so easily. It's almost Peep Showesque the way he thinks every woman he meets is his soulmate.

Agree, this series is maintaining a very high standard. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ March 20 2010, 12:01 PM BST

Probably this has been posted somewhere else, but I do like this from The Onion...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/the_office_ends_as

:D nice!

I didn't realize that you all were so far behind us.

I will say that just when I think I am done, they pull me back in. I think the ability of the writers to invent great characters is the saving grace of the show. Andy Bernard was genius when Jim switched offices, although since he got out of anger management he hasn't been as funny. Now they have this new character (don't know if she has been introduced yet in the fourth season so I won't spoil anything), she and Andy have great chemistry.

I am really impressed that they have been able to keep the cast together for so long. They must all like to work together because I have never heard rumors of cast members holding out for more money or needing more lines. Perhaps the shooting schedule, with so many different characters, allows them time to do other things. I have noticed quite a few cast members in films lately.

Also, in the beginning episodes there were a lot of shots of an actor in the background of a scene and you don't seem to see that anymore. I guess Steve Carell has better things to do that sit around in the background of a shot for take after take.