The Office: An American Workplace Page 15

Quote: David Bussell @ March 2 2010, 10:20 AM GMT

Just watched the first truly disappointing episode of this, Series 6, episode 15. Neither story resolved itself in a satisfying way and the laughs were very thin on the ground. I love this show but they're coasting a bit on our affection for the characters at this point. Still, hoping it's a one-off.

Yep. True story. I feel as if the writing was on the wall with the 'clip show' episode. That was garbage.

I feel as if the show has definitely changed it's dynamic. It seems a bit gentler these days, and at times a little too knowing and self-referential.

Still excellent though when compared to UK garbage.

Enjoying the new series. And the increasing arsification of Ryan is very entertaining.

Epsisode 4 (or 7 and 8) on tonight. ITV4 at 8pm.

I've got the series on record.
Enjoying them very much so far.

Loving the new Angela love triangle.

A brilliant hour of this tonight. Such great characters.

Am I the only one who feels that The Office has run its comedic course?

I read once that there was a spinoff in the works, is that still happening? I think its time for Dunder Mifflin to finally go out of business, its getting a little hard to swallow (that's what she said).

Quote: deckard @ March 12 2010, 7:10 PM GMT

Am I the only one who feels that The Office has run its comedic course?

*Shrugs* I'm only on series four, so it's still good for me at the moment!

"The eyes are the groin of the head." :D

I liked how Dwight was exactly the same in Second Life. But able to fly.

Quote: chipolata @ March 15 2010, 9:57 PM GMT

"The eyes are the groin of the head." :D

Definitely the best line of the night.

Thought the finer things club didn't feel right

Quote: RobJ @ March 15 2010, 10:14 PM GMT

No, it did feel a bit duff.

Liked that myself, especially Andy trying to get in.

Definitely the best line of the night.

I loved the finer things club so much, I'm herebey starting the BCG version, right away.

The first book shall be High Rise by JG Ballard, as it happens to be what I'm reading at the moment. If anybody can suggest ways we can structure the meeting so as to meet that thematically, catering wise for example, I'd be obliged.

The best bit of the finer things club was Phyliss trying to cook popcorn in the microwave and complaining the other microwave smelled of popcorn.

Good news! I've just checked on a TV listings site and they have Season 5 starting on Wednesday 31st March, just two days after the fourth finishes.

Hopefully this info is accurate.