British comedy is no longer funny Page 19

Boom tish

*silence*

Quote: rwayne @ February 4 2012, 11:58 AM GMT

There is always the option, for those who seem to think everything is rubbish, to write something better themselves instead of constantly whingeing on the internet. If you put the time, effort and word count, that you do on here, into writing scripts you could have a dozen comedies under your belts now. :) :( :P :O ;) Cool Whistling nnocently Errr Angelic Unimpressed :S Geek Sick :| :|
(Take one, or more, each)

You really do know so little about the fans on this forum, many of whom have had their work broadcast, published, picked up by production companies, reached the finals of writing competitions, are followed on Twitter, have popular blogs, perform stand up and exhibit their work on You Tube - all to great acclaim.

But I like your way of thinking - if my country gets involved in an unpopular war - I'll just become Prime Minister and stop it, if a relative is dying of cancer - then I'll just become a scientist and cure it and if I am unhappy with the state of British television comedy - I'll just write a series of hit sitcoms. It really is that easy.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 4 2012, 1:47 PM GMT

You really do know so little about the fans on this forum, many of whom have had their work broadcast, published, picked up by production companies, reached the finals of writing competitions, are followed on Twitter, have popular blogs, perform stand up and exhibit their work on You Tube - all to great acclaim.

But I like your way of thinking - if my country gets involved in an unpopular war - I'll just become Prime Minister and stop it, if a relative is dying of cancer - then I'll just become a scientist and cure it and if I am unhappy with the state of British television comedy - I'll just write a series of hit sitcoms. It really is that easy.

Are you SERIOUSLY comparing wars or a relative dying from cancer to your boo-hooing about being slightly bored watching television (because you can't think of anything else to do with your time but that or rant on internet forums)?
Renegade Partridge strikes again.

Quote: rwayne @ February 4 2012, 2:15 PM GMT

Are you SERIOUSLY comparing wars or a relative dying from cancer to your boo-hooing about being slightly bored watching television (because you can't think of anything else to do with your time but that or rant on internet forums)?
Renegade Partridge strikes again.

I was just following the next series of logical conclusions based on your childish solution to the problem. It was your misguided and somewhat simplistic methodology that enabled me to draw more extreme conclusions.

Once again you have added nothing to the debate. (and since you like capitalisation) NOTHING.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 4 2012, 2:29 PM GMT

I was just following the next series of logical conclusions based on your childish solution to the problem. It was your misguided and somewhat simplistic methodology that enabled me to draw more extreme conclusions.

Once again you have added nothing to the debate. (and since you like capitalisation) NOTHING.

You really need to grow up.
I understand you like to imagine you are an 'angry young man' but, please, if you genuinely want to propose an argument at least have it make sense.
You are on a website called 'The British Comedy Guide' writing a thread bemoaning that British comedy is no good then suggest I know nothing of the 'fans' on here. You aren't a fan...you said it not me.
Why don't you run along and try and find someone who actually cares about your well thought out replies.
Please stop looking through this site looking for every post I make so you can over-react to it. I'm really not interested you in that way Mr Partridge.

Quote: rwayne @ February 4 2012, 2:38 PM GMT

You really need to grow up.
I understand you like to imagine you are an 'angry young man' but, please, if you genuinely want to propose an argument at least have it make sense.
You are on a website called 'The British Comedy Guide' writing a thread bemoaning that British comedy is no good then suggest I know nothing of the 'fans' on here. You aren't a fan...you said it not me.
Why don't you run along and try and find someone who actually cares about your well thought out replies.
Please stop looking through this site looking for every post I make so you can over-react to it. I'm really not interested you in that way Mr Partridge.

I'm not going to rise to your personal attacks. Please find another forum to express your uniqueness.

Put the handbags down please, guys.

An anagram for rwayne?

Yawner.

Quote: DaButt @ February 4 2012, 5:17 PM GMT

An anagram for rwayne?

Yawner.

Seriously...how old are you?

And now we end this please. :)

Isn't this a comedy website?

I think he means the bitching, rather than the thread in general. ;)

Quote: Chappers @ February 4 2012, 9:17 PM GMT

Isn't this a comedy website?

Yes, Chapper, very well remembered.

(gently) Now, can you tell me the name of the Prime Minister?

This thread inspired me to start writing my first pilot script. Job well done.

Quote: DaButt @ February 4 2012, 5:17 PM GMT

An anagram for rwayne?

Yawner.

I think David Cameron being an anagram of 'A Divorced Man' is funnier but I'm not sure if that's coincidence or irony.

British Comedy in general is flourishing everywhere apart from British television. I see comedy nights advertised more now than I have seen in years and this is a good thing in my book. Unfortunately until they abolish the TV license and shoot a few comedy critics I can't see much changing on the television front.