Newsjack - Series 6 Page 19

I've already written five one-liners for next week's show - one of which is very saucy.

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 24 2012, 5:56 PM GMT

I've already written five one-liners for next week's show - one of which is very saucy.

Time to ketchup, methinks...

Quote: Burnt Out Hack @ February 24 2012, 7:40 AM GMT

Bit annoying....

I'd make a comment about 'how annoying it is to get two credits on one show' but I remember my younger self, the guy who wept with happiness when he got his first credit and who subsequently sat stoney-faced through his third before saying "They've edited it badly and the actress ruined it"

So it happens to all of us.

I'm in the One Credit club.
But as I went to see the recording I've never had the chance to get excited over an e mail. Apart from the "made the edit" one
But that was more torture than excitement.
I had a Vox Pop & a Correction performed.
The Vox pop made it but the Correction didn't possibly due to the actor getting the lines slightly wrong.
And despite me laughing like Cheggers riding a Sybian.

Seen a couple of 'and finally' bits included in the one-liners thread so worth mentioning that these are considered sketches, and have to be in for the Monday deadline, so don't waste your time on them after that!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 24 2012, 10:44 PM GMT

And despite me laughing like Cheggers riding a Sybian.

Sometimes you come close to poetry.

Quote: radiat10n @ February 24 2012, 11:05 PM GMT

Seen a couple of 'and finally' bits included in the one-liners thread so worth mentioning that these are considered sketches, and have to be in for the Monday deadline, so don't waste your time on them after that!

Just to say there's a change this series and 'And Finally' can be sent in on Tuesday. Here's the website info.

Which probably means better to make the And finally bit as topical as possible.

------------------

Submission Rules For Jack Apps, Corrections, Lessons & And Finally...

The submission deadline for these one-liners is Tuesdays 5pm - we will not look at those any later (unless subsequently requested on the NewsjackBBC Twitter feed). This deadline is later than the sketch deadline to allow you to be more topical.

If you are e-mailing several one-liners, please put them all in one Word document. Don't attach 12 documents for 12 one-liners.

Title the document with your full name followed by "One-liners" or "Corrections".
e.g. John Brown - One liners.doc

Submit your One-liners and Corrections to newsjack@bbc.co.uk

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ February 24 2012, 10:44 PM GMT

I'm in the One Credit club.
I had a Vox Pop & a Correction performed.
The Vox pop made it but the Correction didn't possibly due to the actor getting the lines slightly wrong.

What were the Vox Pop & correction?

I've lost track of who wrote what so apologies if you've said before.

Hi all,

Well done to everyone who got stuff on! I've tried for the last few series but never had any joy. Just out of interest, how long do you usually spend working on NJ material in a week?

I usually start on friday and get very little sleep on fri, sat and sunday.

What do they mean by "lessons"?

Quote: Worth @ February 25 2012, 7:45 PM GMT

Hi all,

Well done to everyone who got stuff on! I've tried for the last few series but never had any joy. Just out of interest, how long do you usually spend working on NJ material in a week?

A couple of hours on Sunday for sketches and a couple of hours (at work -- I can Alt-Tab faster than a sticky fingered teenager) on one-liners on Monday. Generally the more time I spend the more success I have. Although I don't like to spend too much time on the material. Not because I have a life, but because then I won't have an excuse if nothing gets picked. :)

I've just submitted two sketches. I wish I'd managed to write three - but even managing two was a struggle this time around.

Nevertheless, I'm pleased with what I've written.

I've submitted two sketches now. I'm feeling good about one in particular.
I'm getting nowhere with one liners though. Still pushing on.

do people re-write their newsjack sketches to be more visual and send them to Newsrevue and Treason?

Quote: blahblah @ February 26 2012, 11:22 PM GMT

do people re-write their newsjack sketches to be more visual and send them to Newsrevue and Treason?

The better ones, yes.

Thanks think I'll do that this week