The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 2

Well done, Andy et al for the In The Meantime commission!

Best of luck with it!

Dan

Well done Andy and team!

From all accounts it sounds like 'In the Meantime' was a huge audience favourite so it's well-deserved.

Good work guys. Hoping that it goes places.

I'll add my congratulations to the others for Andy and Ciaran. Great work!

It gives hope for all us aspiring sitcom writers out there and as I'm so far off the bar you've set it's not even tinged with jealously.

Hi all

We've still got a couple of tweaks to make, but The Sitcom Mission 2012 is now up and running: https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/

We'll be taking entries from October 1 with a closing date of January 31.

We'll be doing workshops again, and you can sign up now for Introduction to Sitcom Writing on October 8 or 22 or Help! I've Written a Script on November 12. We'll also be doing our Script Reading Service, details are here https://www.comedy.co.uk/sitcom_mission/workshops/

Have fun, and get writing!

Cheers, Declan

After entering the Sitcom Trials this year and thoroughly enjoying it (I came 2nd, by 1 vote :( ) I am very much looking forward to taking part in the Sitcom Mission.

Better start flexing my typing finger(s).

Hello Dec,

I have a question regarding the rules:-

11. In return for the assistance provided to the writer by Every 1's A Critic Ltd, the writer agrees to pay to Every 1's A Critic Ltd a fee calculated as 12.5% gross of any money received by the writer for the Script in respect of script development, script production or pilot production of any kind by any producer, broadcaster, production company or production financier without limitation. This agreement will expire on the date 18 months from the date of the show's first performance as part of a Sitcom Mission knock-out stage showcase.

Does this apply to any script entered in the competition, or only the shortlisted entries?

Hi Evan

Here's your reply:

"This agreement will expire on the date 18 months from the date of the show's first performance as part of a Sitcom Mission knock-out stage showcase."

Cheers, Declan

Thanks Dec,

Unfortunately, the way that section of the contract is worded means that if a script doesn't make it to the stage showcase, there is no expiry date on the agreement!

So, if I enter a script and don't get past the first round, I have to pay Every 1s a Critic if I ever make any money out of said scrip! Even if it's two hundred years from now.

Is there a lawyer in the house?

Hi Evan

If you don't get through to the knock-out phase and we don't showcase you, we haven't made any investment in your work and therefore don't have any claim on your script.

The wording came from the Writers Guild.

Cheers, Declan

Thanks again, Dec.

Assuming my buggering around hasn't already disqualified me, I shall start work on my entry.

I take it the 12.5% is not immediately taken from the winner's £5k, because it reads as if it does!

Dan

No, the 12.5% doesn't come out of the £5000.

Didn't some annoying twerp ask all these questions last time around??
:)

Yep, but no harm in 'just clarifying'.

Cheers Declan

Dan