Trollied - Series 1 Page 5

I haven't watched this, but at least Sky are putting moeny into new scripted comedy.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ August 4 2011, 9:15 PM BST

I've been giving it a watch right now, it's dire.

True

I can't believe you've all got Sky. Every time some Essex rubberneck fills in the standing order a little of the BBC dies...

Sky really is perhaps the greatest confidence trick ever pulled on the British consumers. There is literally nothing on it that anyone wants to watch which they would not being seeing for free if no-one was prepared to pay for it. Well, apart from Trollied.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 5 2011, 12:25 AM BST

I can't believe you've all got Sky. Every time some Essex rubberneck fills in the standing order a little of the BBC dies...

Mine comes with the Virgin (cable) package :)

After taking the time to start this thread, I forgot it was on. Actually, I was in a pub!
Will watch the repeat.

Shit.

I wish I had something more constructive to say.

I have a sky I am weak.

There is something despicable about how The Pacific, Sopranos, Game of Thrones, Nurse Jackie, BSG etc etc etc.

Which should be watched by millions are watched by a couple of hundred thousand. Unless people fork out for DVD or illegal downloads.

Why do we tolerate this shit?

And Sky original programing is by and large a sack of arse. Basically a large amount of money thrown at well known names to try and smear a little respectability on a bucket of shit.

That said Sky Arts are surprisingly good.

And they're so f**king greedy.

Running Pacific on Sky movies first so they can penalise their own customers who didn't buy a big enough package.

Or creating Sky Atlantic to crap on anyone with BT or Virgin. Who are still bloody paying them.

Saw a little of this last night - some punchlines were clearly made to fit the scenario. The butcher who arranges a date and says, "She won't be able to get enough of my meat"

Ha, bloody, ha!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 5 2011, 12:25 AM BST

I too am Skyless.

Sky originally programing; that Question of Sport rip off with James Corden, them most lifeless Pratchett adaptions ever, Strike Twat by cpt Billy Bullshit of the SAS, Chick Fix for those who find Loose Women too much of an intellectual challenge.

Basically if your name is even slightly well known, they'll pay you loads to make... Well frankly, wanky shit. And why? So they can pretend they're a proper broadcaster and not some over moneyed parasite out bidding the BBC.

They do have a whole slate of original scripted comedy coming apparently; which can only be a good thing, surely? Especially if some do well enough for Sky to continue investing.

Trollied, This is Chintzy (about the most despised pilot on BBC in an age), I hope I am proved wrong and you are proved right.

But I heard the head of comedy at Sky speak twice and basically what she said is.
"We're paying prodcos lots for scripts, we're really not that fussed what they come up with."

Quote: sootyj @ August 5 2011, 11:40 AM BST

"We're paying prodcos lots for scripts, we're really not that fussed what they come up with."

In which case, we might all be in with a chance! :)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2011, 11:37 AM BST

They do have a whole slate of original scripted comedy coming apparently; which can only be a good thing, surely? Especially if some do well enough for Sky to continue investing.

Didn't they have a stab before with an Al Murray comedy? And something starring David Baddiel? Good luck to them, as if it works it might lead to more opportunities for innovative new talent like my goodself, but I'm not holding my breath. Drama's much easier to pull off and they've had some limited success with that.