Trollied - Series 1

Getting ahead of myself.
Does anyone think it's a big coincidence that TWO actors have been involved with Tesco adverts? And the store's called VALCO!
Didn't think much of the trailer, either!

Looks horrendous!

Aside from AF, has Horrocks done any other sitcoms?

She played a hologram on Red Dwarf!

It must have been a small part as I usually find her massively mannered and annoying and I like RD.

Yeah, just one episode.

She was quite foxy too!

Quote: lofthouse @ July 31 2011, 10:46 PM BST

Yeah, just one episode.

She was quite foxy too!

Very nice indeed. I've always thought she was a good looking woman.

Her comments in a recent interview with the Radio Times weren't very nice. She said she doesn't like Tesco because it's full of chavs/pensioners holding up the queues/crying children. She added that at least she was able to buy her property in N London, which she's nicknamed Tesco Towers with the money they paid her, and that the ads saved her from getting crap roles. Sounds up her own wotsit to me. Plus in a TV interview, when asked did she enjoy filming Little Voice, she replied, "Yes I did and let's face it, the film has immortalised me"!

I always somehow thought she was a pretentious, precious cow. I haven't read this but I'm sure I read some interview years ago which led me to that conclusion.

So, not spoilt by fame at all.

To be fair to Horrocks, when words are written down they often lose the ironic tone they were said in. Not saying that's happened here, just that she could have been joking.

Well, all supermarkets are full of chavs at times. Apart from Waitrose, naturally.

But I wouldn't put Tesco at the top of the chav list by any stretch. Not when there's Aldi, Lidl and Morrisons around.

Quote: chipolata @ August 1 2011, 9:16 PM BST

To be fair to Horrocks, when words are written down they often lose the ironic tone they were said in. Not saying that's happened here, just that she could have been joking.

Well are you being fair or not??? Make your bloody mind up man! Angry

Quote: zooo @ August 1 2011, 9:18 PM BST

Well, all supermarkets are full of chavs at times. Apart from Waitrose, naturally.

The bloody lottery is £1.20 in Waitrose !

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 2 2011, 12:10 AM BST

The bloody lottery is £1.20 in Waitrose !

Laughing out loud

Except if you go ten minutes before closing when it's 10p.