The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 35

Oops! My utmost apologies. Don't know where that came from...

You're forgiven.........one must keep up standards. :D Too much Yank slang creeping into this forum - I blame the television.

Now playing: Federer v. Evans

Suzanne Lenglen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90PPjyGBgk

Well done, Roger!!!

Balls! Angry

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th July 2016, 5:20 PM BST

Balls! Angry

Ha ha!

So who do we want to win the final then? With ferguson supporting him in the stands I AM NOT supporting Murray!

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2016, 8:09 PM BST

Ha ha!

So who do we want to win the final then? With ferguson supporting him in the stands I AM NOT supporting Murray!

Well, I'll support Murray. 1. He's a great player who deserves to win more big titles and walk out of the shadows of Djokovic, Federer and Nadal. 2. Ivan Lendl is his coach, I was a big fan of his in the late 80s and early 90s. 3. Raonic is still quite young and has lots of time to win his first major title. 4. I fancy Murray's wife and want to see her smiling.

I fancy his mum but I still thing he's a weirdo.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th July 2016, 9:34 PM BST

I fancy his mum but I still thing he's a weirdo.

She's Jamie Lee Curtis' evil twin sister.

THE TRUTH ABOUT IVAN LENDL

Lendl looks like Mr Evil. He hated Wimbledon - and Britain - and used to say so. The Wimbledon crowds are very generous to everyone except Lendl. That's why he came back in the way he did. Basically, he saw that Murray was going to win the tournament. He decided to become Murray's coach just in time for it to cause an element of upset in British celebrations. Then he drifted off for a couple of years until it looked like Murray would win a second. Now he's Murray's coach again just to be a bloody nuisance. Plus, of course, Murray is bloody minded himself. It isn't politically correct for him to be excessively Scottish so Lendl is his tartan clad Hadrian's Wall.

Serena's match was fun. Although the audience was kind of more exciting. Beyonce! Ellen!

And, erm, Peter Kay. :/

Quote: zooo @ 9th July 2016, 4:46 PM BST

Serena's match was fun. Although the audience was kind of more exciting. Beyonce! Ellen!

And, erm, Peter Kay. :/

SERENATA

It was as perfect as any day could be in the absence of the remarkable Garbine Mugurza. Yes, the antibiotics handed out to the crowd hadn't kicked in to address the fist pumping epidemic. And yes Billie Jean had more than a touch of the Timmy Malletts for better and worse. But as soon as Serena stepped onto the grate saying "ooo, do you feel the breeze from the subway?", it was clear that the afternoon would be important historically.This is a woman who, at 34, has very wonderfully come of age. The age 34.

Gone are the tantrums. In their place is an ability to do everything. Erm, there are three demonstrations in London this weekend labelled "Black Lives Matter". But who needs attention seeking politics when something so uplifting could be taking place at the same time. A serve as great as that of Pancho Gonzalez. The grace - and good grace - of Bueno, Goolagong Cawley and Ashe. A brilliant rendition of the poem "I Rise" by Maya Angelou. And in the rise of an elegant white dress (well sort of), pure Marilyn Monroe.

Some will be tempted to write very long posts. While I understand it, I have never been that sort of person. Suffice it to say that Kerber was strong. Kerber was surprisingly likeable. Kerber recieved hugs. And that Steffi Graf who was never entertaining and now wants to be known as Stephanie wasn't missed for not showing up for the equalling of her record. The next step is to acquire more grand slams than Margaret Court. It will be done not long after the childless Theresa May trounces Andrea the Ugly Mug.

My 42nd Wimbledon Final.

(84th if you include the womens).

Go on Andy Murray. :)

I watched a whole tennis match yesterday, can't be arsed watching another one.

But Raonic to win!

Apparently Cumberbatch is in the audience, though...

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th July 2016, 2:10 PM BST

My 42nd Wimbledon Final.

(84th if you include the womens).

Why would you? It's just some silly ladies messing about when they should be washing up.