The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 37

Well done!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 20th November 2016, 8:03 PM

Well done!

Yes, real guts from Murray all this week, and especially today. Very, very impressive and much deserved.

He's really British now,until he drops down to number 2 of course.

Yes, Murray absolutely deserves the success he's enjoying atm (incl. the No 1 spot). But that's not the only reason I'm so delighted for him. He also keeps Djokovic from breaking several of Federer's records such as the number of major titles. :P

Did either of you (or anyone else here) watch the trophy presentation? There was a funny moment where the pyrotechnics suddenly went off behind Andy, and he ducked/flinched from the gunfire sound. I think it showed how exhausted he was as he must have encountered similar things before. Or maybe it was just louder than usual? The BBC commentators didn't pick up on it at the time.

Tennis player said after her last match she sprained her wrist. What a coincidence... Deuce? I just did.

Ha! Swiss Open! Cool

"Make Switzerland great again!" ;)

Hope he doesn't retire now.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've got quite a hankering for some bright pink trainers now.

Roger. Is. Amazing!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd April 2017, 8:02 PM

Roger. Is. Amazing!

Look, get over that photo you posted of him in those brief white shorts! AND put yours back in yours - going all Japanese. Tut, tut - you'll go blind!

Poor Nadal though
Beats everyone else & then the best player ever is still going and staring at him from across the net... again

Not a big follower of tennis but was SO PLEASED to see Eugenie Bouchard had beaten the screeching harpy that is Sharapova - got I hate that woman and am at a complete loss to understand why she was ever allowed to compete. She should have been banned years ago.

Must have been extra sweet for Eugenie as she had slagged Sharapova off previously for being a cheat re drugs. Let's hope the f**king cow now disappears into the sunset.

Stan, you crazy son of a gun!!! Murray's defense game was incredible and it still wasn't enough. This should have been the final.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 9th June 2017, 4:49 PM

Stan, you crazy son of a gun!!! Murray's defense game was incredible and it still wasn't enough. This should have been the final.

Wave @ Gordon

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/13622/166/#P1173732

Murray didn't have enough in the tank, fitness wise, to compete properly in a fifth set, after his illness/injuries this year.

His reflexes are amazing though, sharper than ever.

Rafa v Stan should be a pretty good final. So should Halep v Ostapenko, and similar to the Andy/Stan semi, with Ostapenko in the Stan role (super aggressive), and Halep as Andy (chasing everything down), though far less equally matched in terms of experience. I wouldn't write off Ostapenko though. She reminds me of when Sharapova burst on the scene, and has the same hunger and self-belief.