The all in one consolidated tennis thread Page 33

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 1st December 2015, 10:11 PM GMT

Cut that black-suited bastard out if the picture!

And, by the way, I thought that boy was holding a wedding cake.

The "10" seems to be floating like a halo over his head.

Quote: keewik @ 1st December 2015, 10:27 PM GMT

And, by the way, I thought that boy was holding a wedding cake.

I bet you want him to throw it in Cameron's face.

Quote: keewik @ 1st December 2015, 10:27 PM GMT

Cut that black-suited bastard out if the picture!

I noticed that Andy is standing the furthest away from him, and Jamie, the second furthest. :)

Congrats to Jamie Murray on his first Men's Doubles grand slam.

Kerber vs Williams was a great final. Even sweeter that I had a tenner on Kerber @ 9/2 - every single pundit/expert thought Kerber didn't have a hope, but she was incredible against Azarenka, and I knew if she could match that form/focus, she'd have a great chance.

Can't see Andy getting past Novak unfortunately (at shorter odds, 7/2).

Quote: George Kaplan @ 30th January 2016, 2:31 PM GMT

Congrats to Jamie Murray on his first Men's Doubles grand slam.

Kerber vs Williams was a great final. Even sweeter that I had a tenner on Kerber @ 9/2 - every single pundit/expert thought Kerber didn't have a hope, but she was incredible against Azarenka, and I knew if she could match that form/focus, she'd have a great chance.

Can't see Andy getting past Novak unfortunately (at shorter odds, 7/2).

Brilliant work GK.

Congratulations too to Jamie Murray and to Jo Konta for getting to the semi-finals.

Good luck to Andy Murray against a man whose words and one performance this week have seemed dubious.

But to be fair, as Roger the greatest player of all time says, if there are allegations names must be named.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th January 2016, 9:03 PM GMT

Brilliant work GK.

Ta! :D

Disappointing outcome in the men's singles final.

There you go keewik...........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=raNGeq3_DtM

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 8th February 2016, 9:09 PM GMT

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=raNGeq3_DtM

Murray 2 sets down to Stepanek in his opening match at the French Open - live on Eurosport 1 & ITV4.

Come on, Andy!

Update Murray back on track - has won the last 9 games.

I miss the Sampras days because he was such a powerful force. Playing him at Tennis must have been like getting in the ring with Mike Tyson.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd May 2016, 10:13 PM BST

I miss the Sampras days because he was such a powerful force. Playing him at Tennis must have been like getting in the ring with Mike Tyson.

I found him a bit of a turn-off; too expressionless, mechanical and efficient. Agassi, Cash, Ivanisevic were more fun, and there was also something compulsive about watching Tim Henman and his struggles.

I like the current crop, in both the Men's and Women's game, though in the Men's, the top 5 are too dominant, and in the Women's, Serena wins too often, and too easily.

Ahh poor Henman, he gave it his best but that level he needed to win at Wimbledon was never there. He would also get a lot of criticism from the armchair experts who think tennis is easy but it's far from it and needs a lot of strength. The Williams sisters show how devestating sheer power and endurance is in the sport. A mate from school was close to turning pro and was a coach and county player but in the end he said he just didn't have the power to compete at the top level. He was still about a million times better than me so that made me realise what it takes to lift the big trophies.

I liked the fact Sampras was quite boring and emotionless. He was like Steve Davis or Hendry where he doesn't care people are getting bored of him winning all the time. That's just going to make him win some more :D