Flight Of The Conchords Page 8

The definition of subtle humour. It fabulous, the way its done in such a straight-faced manner. It shows that you don't need a 'monster' to make a sitcom funny.

Haha! I love the way Jermaine always has a slight smirk on his face though, it doesn't distract either and helps with the delivery too.

The funniest bit for me so far is the rap they did in front of the muggers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bjdUFa_QQ8

Especially the 'my lyrics are bottomless...' genuis!

So. Important question.
Which one does everyone fancy the most?

Hmmmm...?

Rachel Blanchard? :D

Quote: Nick Rivers @ October 17, 2007, 2:54 PM

best thing on at the moment. anyone know what its ratings are like? and how it did in america ? presumably it'll move to bbc2 at some point.

Yes, it is very good isn't it. The strange thing is, normally when someone tells you how great a programme is, especially one with a lot of buzz around it, you are generally let down when you do check it out yourself, not so with FotC.

The only viewing figures I have for the UK is the first episode was seen by a disappointing 161,000 viewers (a 1% share). It's probably picked up from that though thanks to the press attention.

It must be doing ok in America as HBO have ordered a second season.

Quote: Nick Rivers @ October 17, 2007, 2:54 PM

best thing on at the moment. anyone know what its ratings are like? and how it did in america ? presumably it'll move to bbc2 at some point.

I read slightly less than a million. HBO have renewed it for a 2nd season though, mainly due to it attracting younger viewers which have been elusive for HBO in the past.

Watched this again tonight. I wanted to like it, particularly after the glowing reviews from everyone else, but my opinion hasn't changed. The storyline in general is ok (if not blindingly obvious and clichéd, but I suppose for once that won't be complained about), and there are some decent jokes. Pity it's cmopletely ripped apart by those God-awful songs, pretty much to the point of unwatchability.

In fact, I would not only prefer, but welcome the chance to sit through an entire back-to-back non-stop marathon of Two Pints, According to Bex, AND Hyperdrive, than have to watch that again. Utter, utter shite.

Quote: Aaron @ October 23, 2007, 11:38 PM

In fact, I would not only prefer, but welcome the chance to sit through an entire back-to-back non-stop marathon of Two Pints, According to Bex, AND Hyperdrive, than have to watch that again. Utter, utter shite.

Yeah, but did you like it?

Brilliant again tonight. It was weaker than the other episodes so far but thats like saying Amy Winehouse is less high than Pete Doherty. They are still mashed out of their skulls. Metaphorically mashed out of their skulls is meant to mean bloody geniusly funny... I think I lost everyone at Brilliant :(

This episode I think was the one I laughed out loud the most at. I loved Murray buying them all stars then telling Jermaine later "Planet's Jermain's been supernova'd. It's just a gasious cloud now, forming into the start of a blackhole."

Lots of other good things. Oh, and "Business Time," which is not as good as the HBO live version.

Quote: Aaron @ October 23, 2007, 11:38 PM

Watched this again tonight. I wanted to like it, particularly after the glowing reviews from everyone else, but my opinion hasn't changed. The storyline in general is ok (if not blindingly obvious and clichéd, but I suppose for once that won't be complained about), and there are some decent jokes. Pity it's cmopletely ripped apart by those God-awful songs, pretty much to the point of unwatchability.

This was probably the worst one to come back into it with. Its no where near as good as some of the other episodes.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ October 24, 2007, 10:53 AM

This was probably the worst one to come back into it with. Its no where near as good as some of the other episodes.

Hmm, you think? Ok... Well, I might give it a go next week then, depending on how tolerant and open-minded I'm feeling at the time.

Quote: Aaron @ October 24, 2007, 11:05 AM

Hmm, you think? Ok... Well, I might give it a go next week then, depending on how tolerant and open-minded I'm feeling at the time.

LOL

I was wondering who'd pick up on that first. ;)