Flight Of The Conchords Page 7

Quote: Leevil @ October 16, 2007, 12:55 AM

The only comparison with Spinal Tap is they are both about bands.

See, I knew there was something

:P

Quote: Badge @ October 15, 2007, 11:07 PM

Anyone else think it owes a bit to Spinal Tap? Especially the crap manager. Similarities with Extras in that regard too, though I don't know which came first.

Not at all apart from they are comedies about bands. Most comedies that have managers in them have crap managers. Maybe it was their inspiration but it is done differently.

;)

STICK THE PENCILS TO THE PAPER, WITH THE TAPE... THE TAPE OF LOVE! THAT STICK, STICK, STICKY STUFF!

I loved the part on the bus where Jermaine puts a finger across his throat, and Bret goes...

"No, man. I'm not going to kill her."
"No. I meant leave her."

Haha.

it was good. not as funny as the muggers but still good. its good because its different.

This is fantastic, I'm really liking this show. Likable characters and great lines. NGO and this are the best things on at the moment, which is weird 'cos I thought I'd say Screenwipe...

"It's a bit long"

Jeez, I almost wept for minutes at that. Good job I recorded it or I would have missed loads.

This is the best thing on telly at the moment.

All together now! 'Brown paper, white paper. Stick it together with the tape, the tape of love. The sticky stuff' :)

I apologise, I was too eager to praise earlier. Murray asking "Does she stay in bed a lot?" is even funnier. This episode is superb.

I like the bit between, when the titles started and then the credits rolled.

:)

...and the tape of love for enders! Fantastic! This was the best 1/2 hour of comedy I have seen in ages.

I liked when Jemaine said he had tomato in his sleeve.

Quote: zooo @ October 17, 2007, 12:26 AM

I liked when Jemaine said he had tomato in his sleeve.

I laughed at that to. It's not funny if you think about it, but it's his delivery that makes it funny.

best thing on at the moment. anyone know what its ratings are like? and how it did in america ? presumably it'll move to bbc2 at some point.