Flight Of The Conchords Page 13

It would've helped with the hype, often find that during it, you can talk it up amongst your mates and it can seem a lot funnier.

But I still think it's a great show and stands out as a great from the past few years. Once you get the characters and they become familiar, I think you'll enjoy it more.

Have you checked out their stand-up/live version on which the show is based? I've seen the HBO special and it's pretty good, although you'll recognise a lot of material from the TV show or the other way around.

I have their stage performance on CD. I actually find it funnier than the show itself.

I've seen bits on youtube.

I love how they've woven all their old songs into a TV series, but made them fit!

Looks like BBC4 are repeating all 12 episodes starting this Tuesday at 9.30pm.

Yay!

A good chance to see what the fuss is about if you missed it last time.

Quote: zooo @ April 13 2008, 8:08 PM BST

I love how they've woven all their old songs into a TV series, but made them fit!

I read an interesting interview with them recently in which they talked about how difficult they've found writing the second series because they've had to write a bunch of new songs from scratch.

Can't they just cut them out?

Quote: Aaron @ September 8 2008, 3:46 PM BST

Can't they just cut them out?

Or restrict it to like 1 song an episode. :D

Quote: Paul W @ September 8 2008, 5:56 PM BST

Or restrict it to like 1 song an episode. :D

Also acceptable.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this elsewhere on the forum but Rhys Darby who plays the band's manager (Brian in the BBC radio series, Murray in the TV Series) has a live stand-up DVD coming out on the 20th October. According to Wikipedia he is also going to be in Yes Man which is a film based on the Danny Wallace book of the same name.

I haven't seen the TV series but I have heard the radio series and for me Rhys was the star of the show.

This is going to piss off many more than it will make happy but the season 2 premiere is available now at Funny or Die...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c48f423bdf/season-2-online-premiere-flight-of-the-conchords-from-flight-of-the-conchords

...to US residents only.

Use Hot Spot Shield and enjoy. http://www.hotspotshield.com/

It's very average comedy and season 2 doesn't look much better!! I have heard though that the live act is worth watching!! Anyone ever been?

Quote: Darren Pomroy @ December 18 2008, 6:30 PM GMT

It's very average comedy and season 2 doesn't look much better!!

Maybe don't watch it then...

Perhaps I won't but every comedy deserves a second chance and hopefully I will be eating my own words soon...

Hopefully!

It is a grower, but I'm not sure it's going to work if you've watched a whooole series already.