What are you thinking about? Page 5

I'm thinking about what to spend the £60 i just won on poker. I came 5th out of 67 people and the entrance fee was £1.50. Kerching.

Btw Leevil positve criticism can be as bad as negative criticism. What we want is truthful criticism.

I don't think (s)he should have to post any of his/her own stuff here to "qualify" as a valid critique-meister (for want of a better made-up word). I don't have to have captained for England to know when they are playing like cack (or, on a more positive note for those south of the border, averagely like tonight). Everyone's critique is valid, and the more you learn what's wrong with something, the more you learn how to get it right.

Having said all that it does seem that Alan A creates a bigger storm on here than most. I honestly don't think it's down to his/her critique, but more down to the bizarre use of "Best Wishes" at the end, which may well be intended as best wishes but comes across as a piss-take.

I have to develop a comedy character like that

Accountant:
You're bankrupt Mr Jones. Best wishes

Lol.

I'm totally open to honest criticism. I just don't understand his coldness towards his fellow forum users.

It would be nice of him to offer a reason to why he didn't enjoy the piece, it's just good manners and critiquing etiquette.

To be fair, he does usually offer a reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, AA, but more often than not it's about it not being funny (enough) and not having believable or consistent characters. That's fair enough, if he thinks that, and the best advice I have ever received is to listen closer to someone who doesn't like what you are doing than to someone who does. (Notwithstanding different tastes).

But I still don't get the "best wishes" pay-off. It's difficult giving bad news in writing, but I'm sure the telegrams home from the trenches didn't say "Your husband is dead. Best wishes."

It sounds like something Hannibal Lector would say before he ate you,

"Best Wishes Clarice, Thththththththth.

Still tits.

Still chocolate.

Now I'm thinking about tits AND chocolate!

Quote: Badge @ June 7, 2007, 1:46 AM

To be fair, he does usually offer a reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, AA, but more often than not it's about it not being funny (enough) and not having believable or consistent characters. That's fair enough, if he thinks that, and the best advice I have ever received is to listen closer to someone who doesn't like what you are doing than to someone who does. (Notwithstanding different tastes).

But I still don't get the "best wishes" pay-off. It's difficult giving bad news in writing, but I'm sure the telegrams home from the trenches didn't say "Your husband is dead. Best wishes."

I couldn't give a flying hoot about his/her thoughts on any matter whatsoever.

I'm thinking... who the hell is Alexander, and what have I missed?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/1990

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/1947

Ah, thanks ajp.
Enlightening...

Quote: ajp29 @ June 7, 2007, 1:19 AM

I'm thinking about what to spend the £60 i just won on poker. I came 5th out of 67 people and the entrance fee was £1.50. Kerching.

How about buying us a virtual round of drinks. I'll have a pint of Strongbow please.

Quote: Leevil @ June 7, 2007, 9:47 AM

Now I'm thinking about tits AND chocolate!

Tits covered in melted chocolate?