Newsjack - Series 4 Page 21

Congrats to Ian for getting stuff in last week (Dan too - though it's usually a given he'll get something in)

I sent 2 sketches and 5 one-liners off this morning. Would have been 3 sketchs - I spent over an hour honing a corker of a film item spoofing 'The King's Speech' using Prince Philip's public gaffes...then I listened to last week's episode on the internet.

I'll try and listen live this week.

What does a Newsjack one-liner pay anyway?

Quote: David Bussell @ February 14 2011, 5:03 PM GMT

What does a Newsjack one-liner pay anyway?

£18.

I just got a line credit for last week's episode! I had assumed someone else had submitted a similar one liner before me and got the credit, but sent an email and it seems there was an oversight, so I now have my first credit (after submitting material to almost every episode). So I certainly recommend sending a query email if you think a line sounds like one you wrote.

Quote: crake @ February 14 2011, 6:13 PM GMT

I just got a line credit for last week's episode! I had assumed someone else had submitted a similar one liner before me and got the credit, but sent an email and it seems there was an oversight, so I now have my fist credit (after submitting material to almost every episode). So I certainly recommend sending a query email if you think a line sounds like one you wrote.

Well done crake. What was your one-liner?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ February 14 2011, 6:14 PM GMT

Well done crake. What was your one-liner?

Thanks, and congrats to you too.

I wrote the multiculturalism one-liner near the start of the episode. I thought it might be one they'd received 50 times, so wouldn't have been surprised at all if they'd said someone else got a credit for it.

Ah the joy of Newsjack. Hello again all! Good to see the BCG hit rate being maintained. Had an early one in last week which was nice but pressure's on now. And a toilet sketch face off I see.

Sent a sketch in yesterday afternoon. It's now six thirty over 24 hours later and...yep, you've guessed it. :(

No one has mentioned "Batman, man" - think that was the best of the night. Did that come from here?

Haha, I forgot all about that. It got a laugh out of me.

"Batman, mun!"

That and I giggled at the Yellow Pages sketch, even though I predicted the punchline a few seconds before it was said Laughing out loud

Quote: Blenkinsop @ February 14 2011, 6:36 PM GMT

Sent a sketch in yesterday afternoon. It's now six thirty over 24 hours later and...yep, you've guessed it. :(

They are so f**king with your mind Blenkinsop.

This is you
Huh?
This is them Whistling nnocently

I had no inspiration until 10.10am this morning so I shut my office door and knocked out a quick one (steady!) which I wish I'd had time to polish.

This is Blenkinsop...

:(

and this is them...

Hug

and this is me....

Pirate

and this is them....

Lovey

My one-liners are RUBBISH. Still sent them though.

Managed to excrete three sketches and some one-liners.

I was loitering on the web-chat on Friday Blenkinsop. Didn't someone say they'd let you know if your submission arrived? Unless of course like Will said, they're f**king with you. They seemed so nice though :)

Quote: Ishy @ February 14 2011, 11:04 PM GMT

Managed to excrete three sketches and some one-liners.

I was loitering on the web-chat on Friday Blenkinsop. Didn't someone say they'd let you know if your submission arrived? Unless of course like Will said, they're f**king with you. They seemed so nice though :)

Yeah they're arriving OK but it's just the principle of the thing. God! It's so UNFAIR! They really are fu**ing with my mind. :) I'm going to play them at their own game and send nothing else in. That'll show 'em!

This is me

Teary

This is them

Laughing out loud

Quote: Will Cam @ February 14 2011, 10:31 PM GMT

They are so f**king with your mind Blenkinsop.

This is you
Huh?
This is them Whistling nnocently

I had no inspiration until 10.10am this morning so I shut my office door and knocked out a quick one (steady!) which I wish I'd had time to polish.

That has really gave me a big laugh Will. Nice one.

Quote: Jinky @ February 14 2011, 10:49 PM GMT

This is Blenkinsop...

:(

and this is them...

Hug

and this is me....

Pirate

and this is them....

Lovey

And that one as well Jinky.

Cheers chaps.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud