The British Comedy Awards 2010 Page 4

Congratulations to Mark for getting on the jury. I'm slightly surprised, but genuinely delighted. More power to BCG's elbow in 2011! (And, indeed, to BCG's arse - no names mentioned.) :)

Echo that!
Well done Mark

Well done Mark, and the rest of the BCG crew.

Are we all invited?

Quote: Tim Azure @ December 17 2010, 4:22 PM GMT

If they are broadcast this January, surely they are the British Comedy Awards 2011?

They are being presented in 2011 but it is covering the comedies of 2010, similar to the way the Comedy.co.uk Awards are done. We wait until all the comedies that year have been broadcast so it makes better sense to present the awards the following year.

On a similar note, I always get annoyed whenever a film is advertised as "the film of the year". How do you know it is the film of the year until the year is ended? The greatest film of all time might get released on New Year's Eve for all you know.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ December 17 2010, 11:05 PM GMT

Are we all invited?

No

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 18 2010, 9:02 PM GMT

The greatest film of all time might get released on New Year's Eve for all you know.

But how would you know until time ends?

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 20 2010, 12:32 AM GMT

But how would you know until time ends?

Indeed, which makes this whole "greatest thing of all time" stuff pointless.

So, Miranda Hart and Harry Hill top the list of nominations. Sounds fair to me. I just hope that Ant and Dec don't win the viewers choice award.

Here's the full nominations list in case you haven't seen it: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000441/british_comedy_awards_nominations_2010/

Anyone care to predict who will win?

I've only just caught up with the fact that Mr BCG is on the judging panel - well done Mark!

Anyone else been watching the Bill Bailey Comic's Choice shows? Alan Davies was good last night but something about the Lee Mack one tonight fell a bit flatter. What I like though is that they don't over-play the comedy awards link, and they do show comedians prepared to confess to choices you might not expect.

Quote: Badge @ January 18 2011, 12:15 AM GMT

Anyone else been watching the Bill Bailey Comic's Choice shows? Alan Davies was good last night but something about the Lee Mack one tonight fell a bit flatter.

I've enjoyed them both.

Quote: Badge @ January 18 2011, 12:15 AM GMT

Anyone else been watching the Bill Bailey Comic's Choice shows? Alan Davies was good last night but something about the Lee Mack one tonight fell a bit flatter. What I like though is that they don't over-play the comedy awards link, and they do show comedians prepared to confess to choices you might not expect.

I am in agreement.

I loved Lee's choices. Jo Brand is on tommorow! I love her.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 18 2011, 12:19 AM GMT

I've enjoyed them both.

:) I totally agree, think it will be high viewing figures will dominate Miranda et all, wish The Trip was in there.