The British Comedy Awards 2010 Page 6

You could always share it with us here!

Can you explain who she is first though.

There was a reason it wasn't used, dear.

Oh well... It was about the fact that, when Chloe Madeley was convicted of drink-driving, part of her defence was that she had to drive to the chemist as she was in desperate need of tampons... So the line to her went something along the lines of... "So, Chloe, you tried to get off by pleading a case of temporary insanitary?"...

You can see why it was cut out now? :(

Well I've certainly heard worse jokes that weren't cut...

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 22 2011, 4:02 PM GMT

Daughter of Richard and Judy - who's currently appearing on 'Dancing On Ice' in the role of 'That One Who's the Daughter of Richard and Judy'.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 4:08 PM GMT

Well I've certainly heard worse jokes that weren't cut...

I'm saying nothing. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 22 2011, 4:06 PM GMT

There was a reason it wasn't used, dear.

Oh well... It was about the fact that, when Chloe Madeley was convicted of drink-driving, part of her defence was that she had to drive to the chemist as she was in desperate need of tampons... So the line to her went something along the lines of... "So, Chloe, you tried to get off by pleading a case of temporary insanitary?"...

You can see why it was cut out now? :(

Good joke, but I'd suggest it was cut because of this.

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 22 2011, 4:02 PM GMT

:D

Well she was a guest on the show, so I think the audience might have understood. (Then again, it was BBC Three...)

Ah, yeah, I may have even watched it! :$ Was this The King Is Dead? :D

*peruses impressive list of TV comedy writing credits for 2010*

*...then puts down Shaun Pye's c.v. and checks own*

Er... yes. Yes, that was the one.

:(

Ha!

With regard to the published BCA nominations, it seems that only the 3 or 4 with the most votes from the judges were named. Thus it's entirely possible that Kevin Bridges was in the voteable list, but didn't make it down to the most popular few, for whatever reason(s).

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2011, 4:50 PM GMT

for whatever reason(s).

And I think most of us can guess what those reasons were. Unimpressed

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2011, 4:50 PM GMT

With regard to the published BCA nominations, it seems that only the 3 or 4 with the most votes from the judges were named. Thus it's entirely possible that Kevin Bridges was in the voteable list, but didn't make it down to the most popular few, for whatever reason(s).

It does seem odd that so few are nominated in most catagories; means lots of deserving people and shows are ignored.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2011, 4:56 PM GMT

It does seem odd that so few are nominated in most catagories; means lots of deserving people and shows are ignored.

Part of the problem historically is that the BCA shortlists have always tended to the need of having at least one representative from each of the major networks (BBC, ITV & C4). This, for example, explains why Ant & Dec (and subsequently Harry Hill) are nominated every frigging year. It's only an awards ceremony, of course, and meaningless in the greater scheme of things, but it still rankles.

The Ant & Dec thing annoys me.
I actually do like them, they're good presenters, but they're NOT COMEDIANS. Argh.