The British Comedy Awards 2010 Page 7

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 5:07 PM GMT

The Ant & Dec thing annoys me.
I actually do like them, they're good presenters, but they're NOT COMEDIANS. Argh.

But they do represent comedy to a lot of people. In fact for some, especially mainstream audiences, Ant and Dec might be their only "comedy" consumption over the course of a year.

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2011, 5:19 PM GMT

But they do represent comedy to a lot of people. In fact for some, especially mainstream audiences, Ant and Dec might be their only "comedy" consumption over the course of a year.

That is a genuinely scary thought.

Quote: Aaron @ January 22 2011, 5:22 PM GMT

That is a genuinely scary thought.

And depressing that comedy as such doesn't have much of a foothold on Britain's most popular TV channels, especially our biggest commercial one.

A lot of comedy is in the form of light entertainment shows. Always has been. What's wrong with that?

Quote: chipolata @ January 22 2011, 5:19 PM GMT

I've heard a lot of people on TV over the last decade or so describe them as 'the modern day Morecambe And Wise'. Which is bonkers, as they're a comedy duo, and Ant and Dec are TV presenters.

Quote: Badge @ January 22 2011, 5:32 PM GMT

A lot of comedy is in the form of light entertainment shows. Always has been. What's wrong with that?

When they seem to be nominated only for presenting reality TV shows, a lot.

Anne Robinson tells a string of jokes and puns while presenting Weakest Link. Would you be totally behind her being nominated for a Comedy Award?

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 6:02 PM GMT

When they seem to be nominated only for presenting reality TV shows, a lot.

Anne Robinson tells a string of jokes and puns while presenting Weakest Link. Would you be totally behind her being nominated for a Comedy Award?

She's eligible, surely? In the same way that Jonathan Ross has been.

Won't get to watch this being at my family's house. Can people keep me updated with results prlease?

Wolves 0 - Liverpool 3

Quote: Badge @ January 22 2011, 6:11 PM GMT

She's eligible, surely? In the same way that Jonathan Ross has been.

I guess if that's what you want, you deserve to live in a country where Ant & Dec and Anne Robinson win comedy awards.

I shall continue to be against the idea.

Badge is right, as Jonathon Ross isn't a comedian either. He's a presenter like Ant & Dec. I think they're nominated under "Entertainment" aren't they, which is more about being entertaining than funny. I have no problem with Ant & Dec winning as I quite like them, but it gets a bit boring when they always win.

They should surely only be in 'Best Light Entertainment Presenter', or something. Maybe they already are, I don't know what they're up for.

Very boring.

I think I also have the hump with them because in general TV Awards ceremonies they always win the dedicated Comedy Award over actual comedians, which is just... mind blowingly irritating.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 22 2011, 6:22 PM GMT

They should surely only be in 'Best Light Entertainment Presenter', or something. Maybe they already are, I don't know what they're up for.

Quote: zooo @ January 22 2011, 6:23 PM GMT

I think I also have the hump with them because in general TV Awards ceremonies they always win the dedicated Comedy Award over actual comedians, which is just... mind blowingly irritating.

Quite x2

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 22 2011, 6:12 PM GMT

Won't get to watch this being at my family's house. Can people keep me updated with results prlease?

There's going to be a link on the front page to updates and backstage stuff from 9pm. I'm not sure if that includes winner updates, but if not I'm sure we will post them on the thread for you!