The British Comedy Awards 2010 Page 5

Sean Lock on The Comic's Choice Awards. Still annoys me that series 2 of 15 Storeys High didn't get a release of its own on DVD. I have series 1, I don't want to buy a DVD with both series!! Angry

Quote: Nil Putters @ January 20 2011, 11:19 PM GMT

Sean Lock on The Comic's Choice Awards. Still annoys me that series 2 of 15 Storeys High didn't get a release of its own on DVD. I have series 1, I don't want to buy a DVD with both series!! Angry

Oops, wrong thread.

Just read this thread. Well done, Mark. :)

Just read that Simon Le Bon and Nick Rhodes (of Duran Duran) will be presenters at tomorrow night's awards (in what capacity I don't know). Great news if you're a "Duranie" like me.

As will David Tennant, apparently.

They always have some freak pairings handing out awards.

There's hope for us yet.

They could have Tennant with his daughter/fiance.

Meow.

Hehe.
It is quite freaky though.
If you believe the Doctor Who world to be real... WHICH IT IS.

Quote: chipolata @ January 21 2011, 11:22 PM GMT

They always have some freak pairings handing out awards.

I wouldn't call Nick Rhodes a freak, I've got too much respect for the bloke. He's an absolute wizard on synth. Simon Le Bon, with his new beard, would probably qualify as a bit of a freak though.

Looking at the nominees list for this year's awards just confirms that, once again, certain agents have successfully lobbied on behalf of their clients. Shappi "I'm Iranian, don't you know" Khorsandi in the 'Best Female Comic' category, but not someone such as Josie Long? And Jack Whitehall up for the male 'Breakthrough' comic award, but not Kevin Bridges? This kind of bullshit demeans the BCA in my opinion, but hey, those two's careers are built on industry contacts as opposed to genuine talent. If Jack was up for 'Best Coke-Snorting Plagiarist' I'd have no complaints but...

I notice "we" are reporting live.

Where is our table then? What time do I have to be there?

Well I'm all ready! Just sat in here in my new tux, staring out of the window, waiting for my BCG limo to arrive. :)

I'm sat here in my boxers if that is of interest?

I'm very disappointed to discover they've omitted the 'Best Joke About Chloe Madeley Edited Out of a BBC Three Panel Show' award this year. :(