The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 25

Well, the time has come. Good luck everyone! Rich.

Quote: scubanut @ February 27 2011, 8:52 PM GMT

Hi Samuel

You wrote

"I'm nearly ready to send my script off and I'm a bit worried about length (story of my life) at the moment it's 22 pages. I've tried acting it out with the cat and dog to test how long it is but this always ends in a fight so I can never be to sure. Any thoughts?"

I suggest that you consider writing out the dog's parts, they can't remember their lines, miss their cues and always end up chasing the cat. Leave the cat in.

Hope that helps.

Thanks scubanut

The trouble is its me and the cat that end up fighting due to creative differences, I want her to say the line a specific way but she wants to eat tuna and do general cat stuff.

I would cut them both out but then I'm just left with a sitcom about 4 ugly mute women and apparently that's not what their after.

Any way thanks for the help and I'll see what I can do. If I can find a badger with perfect comedy timing and a regional accent then I might have something to work with.

Quote: simon wright @ February 27 2011, 7:33 PM GMT

I've just read yet another script in which a woman with practically no lines is described as 'ugly'.

That'll be easy to cast then...

I wrote this in my very first Sitcom Mission entry (back during the Sitcom Trials days).

In fairness, it was a radio script that I adapted. And it had 9 scenes in probably-longer-than-fifteen-minutes running time.

I'm better now. I think anyway...

Dan

Is it too late for my play on female mimes and deaf women living in the small town of Ugly?

I've just now sent in two entries within seconds of each other but I've only received one return notification. Should I only get one return email for both together or two separately?

:$ Well after writing and re writing, E-mailing and Pm-ing the hell out of Declan, asking questions both stupid and stupider and suffering from a crisis of confidence King GeorgeVI would have killed for before meeting Geoffrey Rush the time has come.

I would like to wish the best of British to all entrants but I would also like to thank and wish the best of luck to the organisers and sponsors of The Sitcom mission too.

Without even knowing you, you have destroyed my marrige and guarenteed that my child will need counselling for the next twenty years at least. Five Grand would be really helpful towards the costs of both.

The other reason for this post is of course to unashamedly suck up to both the organisers and sponsors of the competion :P .

So once again good luck to all who entered (oo err) and I hope they uncover some real gems

Dave

Just to be sure, we have until February 28th, 11:59 to send it in?

Quote: Toffee @ February 27 2011, 11:39 PM GMT

Just to be sure, we have until February 28th, 11:59 to send it in?

You do, 24hrs and 10 minutes left.

Quote: abfc bjk @ February 27 2011, 11:22 PM GMT

I've just now sent in two entries within seconds of each other but I've only received one return notification. Should I only get one return email for both together or two separately?

I sent my two entries last night, about an hour apart, and also only received a confirmation for the first. I imagine that it's because it's an automated reply like an 'out of office reply' and those usually only reply to the first email sent and not any subsequent ones.

...This post was meant to reassure you, but now I'm starting to feel concerned that they haven't got my second entry either! :) Fingers crossed!

I wonder what the final number of entries will be?

Depending on how I do later, I might enter my other script after all too.

Quote: Griff @ February 28 2011, 8:25 AM GMT

Don't worry Die Hard and abfc I had exactly the same. I sent in two scripts, only got confirmation for the first, and then emailed them to check - all was well, the second one had arrived OK.

Glad to see you solved the dignity problem, Griff.

Quote: Marc P @ February 28 2011, 8:26 AM GMT

I wonder what the final number of entries will be?

Have you entered one this year, P?

Quote: chipolata @ February 28 2011, 10:28 AM GMT

Have you entered one this year, P?

I am going to, have written a different episode from the same general premise as last year, but changed it slightly and have co-written this one with a writer friend of mine. Are you having a stab?

Quote: jack martin @ February 27 2011, 9:08 PM GMT

I have sent my script to entry@sitcommission.com but I'm still waiting for an acknowledgement of receipt. The Sitcom is called the "Dray Lads" would anyone know if I have sent it to the right email address.

You did send it to the right address and we have it. Sorry you didn't get an automated reply. We've had over 800 entries (and counting) so the system may be overwhelmed.

I know I am.

S