The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 130

Quote: Declan @ June 16 2011, 12:21 PM BST

Hello all

Ok, here's the beef.

Tickets haven't sold well for the shows. We did actually send out a blog email to all 1200+ writers who entered telling them about the shows, and so far there's been little to no response. We've taken a hit financially so we're going to make some changes.

First off, next week's 7.30 show has been reduced to £5. That's two sketch groups, two sitcoms, an improv group and the Beta Males for £5. Please come, we'd appreciate it.

Secondly, we'll be introducing an audience vote element to the July 4 and July 11 shows. Simon, Claire and Declan will decide on four of the sitcoms to go through to the Grand Final, and one is to go through on audience numbers.

Really looking forward to seeing you at a future show.

Cheers, Declan

Is it not possible to get the Beeb to agree that a fee for a comp entry should be raised, after all, they charge us for watching their stuff.

Declan, can I just clarify:

Do both audiences, the 5pm as well as the 7.30pm, get to vote?

And if so, does that include industry professionals that have been comped into the 5pm?

No, just the 7.30pm show.

And BB, if we do this next year, we'll definitely be charging an entry fee.

Quote: Declan @ June 16 2011, 2:02 PM BST

No, just the 7.30pm show.

And BB, if we do this next year, we'll definitely be charging an entry fee.

Yes and so you should for all your hard work and dedication :)

Quote: bushbaby @ June 16 2011, 3:06 PM BST

Yes and so you should for all your hard work and dedication and failure to choose the right scripts :)

Come on BB don't kick the man all the time!

Quote: Marc P @ June 16 2011, 3:11 PM BST

Come on BB don't kick the man all the time!

ooh you are awful, but I like you hahaha :D

Well I collaborated on mine with another writer, luckily the next collaboration I attempted was a bit more successful.

James Patterson DOES NOT EXIST!!!

:)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 16 2011, 3:25 PM BST

Dan

Is he Michael Ledwidge?

Dan

:O

Has anyone attended any of the Sitcom Mission live shows? What was your favourite sitcom of the night?

I've attended both and shall be there again on Monday. But as I'm still in the competition I'm not going to say who I thought was best (mine obviously! Wave Wave). Having said that it's been good to see the varied styles, tones and subjects on display and the different approaches the 8 writers have taken. I'd suggest anyone thinking of entering next time, or interested in what is currently getting looked at by industry get along to the shows. It's an invaluable experience and an insight into how the competition works (and therefore how you might succeed in it) and also what is pricking the interest of the people you might want to impress in the future.

Dan

Like the idea, Dan, could you turn it into a thriller?

Quote: Tim Azure @ June 17 2011, 7:08 PM BST

Like the idea, Dan, could you turn it into a thriller?

Yeah, but I'd have to release it under the authorship of James Patterson & Dan Sweryt which holds masses of biographical information about the phantom author and almost nothing of the 'real' author who actually wrote the book.

Dan

For anybody who wants a brilliant night of comedy tonight, we've got:

Men of War sketch group
McNeil and Pamphilon sketch group

Sitcoms

Up on Bricks by Des Henderson and Mike McCahon
The Regulators by Falko Rademacher

Improv

Horse Aquarium brought to you by Spontaneity Shop regulars

Edinburgh Preview

The utterly brilliant ***** Beta Males

And tonight, for one night only, it's just 5 pounds.

Anybody who wants to improve their chances when entering the competition next year - there is no better night to come.

Cheers, Dec