The Sitcom Mission 2011 Page 132

Quote: seascribe venus @ June 28 2011, 12:55 PM BST

No one else seems to be saying much of any consequence on here these days

It's the BCG. That's our speciality.

Well. Getting back to YouTubing (yes that's a verb now)the performances, I can see why the organisers would be not too keen, as this could potentially effect ticket sales. Fair enough. So, on an entirely unrelated subject; do any of the finalists who got through to the live shows come from up north, or are the majority from daan saaff?

Andy and I are Doncaster and Birmingham respectively but now both live and work in London.

I was born and grew up in Doncaster, but I've lived in London for about 15 years now.

Flicking through the biogs of the other writers there's a mention of Kent, a Londoner born and bred, and a German (although north or south I couldn't tell you), but in most cases it's just not mentioned.

I'm from sunny Chatham : )

Well, my comments on the live shows don't seem to have stirred up a great deal of eager debate (no disrespect to the geographical question which instead stole the limelight) so I assume all the other unselected writers have either died laughing at their own jokes or are far too busy making self-funded TV pilots even to visit this forum these days, let alone support the live shows.

However, it has occurred to me that no-one (not even me) has mentioned that Simon Wright (yes THE Simon, of our very own Simon and Declan) himself appeared in Falko Rademacher's The Regulators and deserves to be congratulated on his superb performance and flawless German accent (well, what do I know? I'm English - it sounded good to me). This was definitely one of the highlights for me anyway.

If you missed it on 20th June, it's not too late to catch him as this one will be repeated on Monday 11th July.

Quote: seascribe venus @ June 30 2011, 1:06 PM BST

I assume all the other unselected writers have either died laughing at their own jokes or are far too busy making self-funded TV pilots even to visit this forum these days, let alone support the live shows.

Yes. That will be it.

I am currently building the set for my up and coming internet blockbuster 'Ben Hair'
Its very loosely set in an ancient Egyptian barber shop during the time that Moses was carrying on shocking.

In one side splitting scene Moses and Herod are arguing about money and Herod calls Moses a c**t!
(That scene alone cost four quid just for the tea towels and snake belts we used to make the hats)

So as you can see its not all fun and games self financing hit TV/ Internet shows and that's why I never went.
Plus I lost myself and I am somewhat bitter and twisted.

Quote: seascribe venus @ June 30 2011, 1:06 PM BST

Well, my comments on the live shows don't seem to have stirred up a great deal of eager debate (no disrespect to the geographical question which instead stole the limelight)

Hi Julia.

I was interested by your critique and am, in fact, surprised that there has been less comment on the actual shows on the thread. I suppose Si and Dec have to keep their powder dry, and I appreciatec the difficulty for people like Andy, but I though more people would have a look at what got through and commented. I'm off on monday if I can get a ticket and, being a bitter failed entrant, will post my 'partial, prejudiced and ignorant' review. The final might be worth a look too. There were canapes last time.

I'd love to attend some of the shows - but due to family/work stuff there's no chance of getting down to London I'm afraid (can't even get across to Manchester for the Sitcom Trials where I have a script being performed).

So not having seen the sitcoms or read the scripts I can't really comment except to wish all the contestants luck. I imagine it's the same for most posters on here.

Also, just to reiterate that if (after the competition) the scripts, or vids of performances are made available I'd happily pay for a copy.

Great show last night, looking forward to the next one. Ginger Rich : )

Quote: richiemoomoo @ July 5 2011, 10:11 AM BST

Great show last night, looking forward to the next one. Ginger Rich : )

I'll second that. We had four strong sitcoms and the audience (particularly at the 2nd show) had a really good evening.

Incidentally, why isn't Stephen Harvey a household name? The man's brilliant.

And thirding that, a very fun evening, and all four pieces had come on tremendously from the heats.

When do we know who goes through to the next round? It's all exciting stuff : )

We'll know for definite the five finalists after next week's show.

As for now, we're delighted to announce that In the Meantime by Ciaran Murtagh and Andrew Jones is the first sitcom through to the Grand Final on July 18.

Well done guys.