Chickens - Pilot Page 8

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 24 2011, 9:21 PM BST

Overall I liked it. It took a while for me to get used it being a period piece but everyone talking like they were in The Inbetweeners but after that it went quite well.

Not sure about the strength of the ending. I know you can't stop when you are dying for a piss but you can move or at least redirect your stream away from the memorial tree. It should've ended with everyone seeing him doing a piss on the tree IMO. Being fussy.

Agreed. Felt like a desperate attempt at 'cringe', especially as enjoyed the rest of the episode.

It's been announced that a full series of Chickens has been commissioned, but not by Channel 4. It's going to go to Sky1.

Very happy to see more, odd that Sky have snapped it up and not 4 though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 23 2012, 9:04 AM GMT

Very happy to see more, odd that Sky have snapped it up and not 4 though.

The Sky1 boss tried to poach The Inbetweeners and vowed to work with the stars so I'm not surprised at all.

As Dennis says, it's not a huge surprise, considering. I would really like to see Sky take on a good audience sitcom though. Do something that is - frankly - now a little different, and maybe actually beat the BBC at their own game.

I am quite looking forward to the full series of this.

Saw the boys writing it in the production company building May last year when I was doing some work experience...surprised it's not aired yet, especially with the pilot so long ago now.

I still think it will be just Inbetweeners in WW1...which is not a good thing.