The Trip - Series 1 Page 35

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ July 17 2011, 11:05 AM BST

Let me clarify my point.

if this was my own project, I may consider it best to pull out after one series.

Yeah. You've convinced me now.

Another series of this self indulgent, vanity project is on the way - this time set in Italy!

Quote: gb901 @ May 3 2013, 12:19 AM BST

Another series of this self indulgent, vanity project is on the way - this time set in Italy!

Woo hoo! One of my favourite shows of the last few years. I'm not entirely sure why, but I always get drawn back to watching clips of it on YouTube.

If something as awful as Not Going Out gets to run for 6 series, then it's only fair The Trip can have another one. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing it too, while not really agreeing with C&B getting it, especially as a foreign location sitcom may eat heavily into the Beeb's tightening sitcom budget. Not really right or fair but then again it should mean there's at least one new 'sitcom' I'll enjoy watching.

I'm glad they're going to Italy. The first series was beautiful to look at as well as being funny. The stunning scenery adds to the unique feel of the show.

I found this show strangely hypnotic viewing, as was the case of their film 'A Cock and Bull Story' based on Tristram Shandy. The Italy setting also has some great possibilities, it is a vanity project but an oddly addictive one.

I'm watching the repeats on BBC Two (or Three?) now. I must say I'm enjoing this...it's exactly what I expected. Two mega egos playing "twisted versions" of themselves (or: how we expect them to be). Some bits are a bit tedious others are great. I'll watch the whole series.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 3 2013, 11:57 AM BST

I'm watching the repeats on BBC Two (or Three?) now. I must say I'm enjoing this...it's exactly what I expected. Two mega egos playing "twisted versions" of themselves (or: how we expect them to be). Some bits are a bit tedious others are great. I'll watch the whole series.

Yes I'm enjoying the re-runs of this.
It's aged well.

Quote: Lazzard @ August 3 2013, 12:02 PM BST

It's aged well.

Laughing out loud

I love The Trip and am looking forward to the next series, but it's only a few years old. Bit early to know whether it's aged well or not.

Yes I'm also really enjoying the reruns of this, it is a very good show as I didn't catch it first time round but it's excellent, I might even get it on DVD it's that good. Can't wait for the second series!

Quote: gb901 @ May 3 2013, 12:19 AM BST

I assumed that they were driving around Britain for the melancholy landscape and the fact that it was a cultural no-man's-land that mirrored Coogan's life-situation.

Seems they just didn't have any money.

I'm not looking forward to the Italy one much. I liked the depressing British landscapes. I might get round to getting this on DVD, it had a nice low key feel. The repetition of some of the impressions began to grate though.

Got the DVD today for a very nice £6.99, nice as now I can watch all the other episodes.

Quote: Ben @ August 3 2013, 3:53 PM BST

I'm not looking forward to the Italy one much. I liked the depressing British landscapes. I might get round to getting this on DVD, it had a nice low key feel. The repetition of some of the impressions began to grate though.

I agree that the landscapes of Northern England are what gives the show much of its atmosphere but I wouldn't call them depressing. Wild, windswept and majestic maybe.

I've never been to Italy but I doubt very much the landscapes there are a patch on Northern England.

Great news about series two.

I loved the show and really appreciated the effort that went into making it look so beautiful. The small glimpses of drama were great as were the comedy and nice food of course. I just hope Brydon drops the Ronnie Corbett impression, it was borderline tedious years ago.