Misfits - Series 2 Page 3

A good, solid opener. Bit sluggish to start with, and the writer threw away the trauma of Nathan being buried alive and got him out in a lazy way, but it improved after that. And I like the new probation worker.

Felt a little bit monster-of-the-week to me, and I was hoping for a more inventive resolution to the cliffhanger.

Still, pretty funny. And the Cornetto bit was inspired.

The big problem with the resolution of the cliff hanger was that it didn't really make much sense. Nathan would wake up in the coffin, suffocate and die. Then wake up a few hours later, suffocate and die. So most of the time he'd be dead, and certainly not be sending out thoughts that Chav Mind Reader could pick up. Unless she happened to visit the grave and caught him between deaths. Sloppy writing.

And I'm not sure about this free running kid. He looks a bit of a pillock in his Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle getup.

It was a great first episode, very enjoyable.

Quote: chipolata @ November 12 2010, 9:38 AM GMT

Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle getup.

When did the Turtles wear that? He looked more like Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins when he first starts going out prowling and basically wears padding.

Really enjoyed it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 12 2010, 9:50 AM GMT

When did the Turtles wear that? He looked more like Bruce Wayne in Batman Begins when he first starts going out prowling and basically wears padding.

Gay.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 12 2010, 9:50 AM GMT

When did the Turtles wear that?

I think Chip's thinking of Shredder. I did too.

Good stuff.

Finally watched this last night. It's so dark and gory and I just wish I could get more of my friends to watch it but they avoid it from what they've seen in the ads. Shame.

Wasn't that girl really scary?

The girl reminded me of Christina Ricci. Also, whatever happened to Christina Ricci?

I think she lost so much weight she fell through a crack in the pavement.

But seriously, after Monster, I'm not sure what she did.

Good opener. I thought a couple of bits felt a little lazy at first, but I think there's reasoning for how events unfolded; e.g. the note tipping them off about Nathan's survival also tipped them off that someone else knows about them.

I still want to know who the bloody Ninja is!

And did the girl get her "shape shifting" power from the storm also?

I think it's a safe guess to say that she did, yes.

But who else got powers?