Misfits - Series 2 Page 5

Just watched it. It's annoying when you have so many things happening and you just don't know what's going on. Arghhh!

Still - loved the beginning. Nathan is hilarious!

Quote: EllieJP @ November 19 2010, 9:43 AM GMT

Ah yes, the rubbing himself with sunscreen was very funny.

Overall I'm reminded of Fringe in that I'm far more interested in the big storyline that snakes through the entire series, rather than the individual self-contained episode ones.

Quote: chipolata @ November 19 2010, 9:48 AM GMT

I'm far more interested in the big storyline that snakes through the entire series, rather than the individual self-contained episode ones.

Why?

I find it hard to give a crap about Shredder. He's done little more than jump around a bit and get them out of a few scrapes so far. Hardly a threat.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be just another empowered chav or somebody from the future.

They're already given a glimpse of time-travelling dude as a future superhero (*cough* Heroes *cough*). It's probably him.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 19 2010, 9:55 AM GMT

Why?

Because what you don't know is always more interesting than what you do know.

Quote: chipolata @ November 19 2010, 10:09 AM GMT

Because what you don't know is always more interesting than what you do know.

True, but in this case you're likely to just be disappointed when you find out.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 19 2010, 10:11 AM GMT

True, but in this case you're likely to just be disappointed when you find out.

True, but that doesn't stop you from being intrigued by the bigger picture. And even if the reveal is disappointing, DVD etc gives you the chance to go back and soak up the show more fully.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into Time Travel Man being in a superhero costume. It's probably just a fancy dress party.

It is some sort of fancy dress I think; in the full series preview there's a shot of them all dressed up in superhero costumes and looking very awkward indeed!

I'm going to have to start not reading this thread with all the speculation going on.

Sorry, I didn't think the superhero costume thing seemed like a spoiler. I'll delete it if it does.

It's not. Dressing up as superheroes would go against the whole ethos of the characters and the show. Hell, it took Clark Kent ten seasons to dress up as Superman in Smallville, and that's a far cheesier show.

Quote: EllieJP @ November 19 2010, 9:43 AM GMT

I got the feeling that was a nod to some film or something I've not seen.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 19 2010, 9:43 AM GMT

"You're dead, but I can see you."

"It must be because you're immortal."

I'm starting to worry that this will go the way of Dr Who - i.e. where the 'rules' of the universe keep changing to suit the storyline. They need to keep things as grounded as possible I think.

The ghost stuff was a bit jarring. The show lurched from science fiction to the supernatural with no apparent logic. Hopefully it was a one off.

Here's my Christmas present sorted.

Oh my God, I love that t-shirt!

Ha, love it! Episode 3 looks like it might be a cracker!