The King Is Dead Page 5

Ooh Caprice
I might watch this one

It wasn't terrible, but the hosts lacked charisma, the gags were a bit obvious, the whole thing seemed derivative and inconsequential. Actually it might have been brilliant later on, but I didn't last that long.

There's more chance of me levitating a beer keg to the top of the Eiffel Tower, than this returning for a second series. Dreadful.

Quote: don rushmore @ September 10 2010, 10:51 AM BST

There's more chance of me levitating a beer keg to the top of the Eiffel Tower, than this returning for a second series. Dreadful.

Is that strictly true though? The beer keg scenario you've outlined above is a physical impossibility. The chances of you flicking through the telly one day and accidentally happening across a second series of this show are a very real possibility however. Your example is therefore somewhat specious.

Your example is therefore somewhat specious.

A don rushmore post, fallacious and insincere? How dare you!

That was great. Caprice seemed really upset.

That's why it was so good :D Joyless wench.

Someone tell that boy from The Inbetweeners to stop immediately. This is a really awful show. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Yeah, Tim!

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 10 2010, 3:59 PM BST

That was great. Caprice seemed really upset.

I agree with this.

Better than last week's offering.

What's the bets that Caprice has a different agent now? Fair play to Nick Mohammed for being brave enough not give up on his questions in that round.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 11 2010, 9:26 PM BST

Better than last week's offering.

If you think that was good (well OK, "better", at least) just you wait until next week's show! All I'll say is I don't envy Louis Walsh sat in front of his TV set nervously watching BBC Three at 10.30pm next Thursday (or during the repeat on Friday at 9.30pm)!

Quote: buyon ferry @ September 11 2010, 3:39 PM BST

Someone tell that boy from the inbetweeners to stop immediately.This is a really awful show.Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote: Leevil @ September 11 2010, 9:12 PM BST

Yeah, Tim!

I thank you. :)

I met Simon at a screening party for this, a lovely man. Chatted to him for a bit; I he was absolutely hilarious and he I couldn't stop laughing!!

Just read this puff on the BBC's site:

Exciting new comedy panel show - The King Is Dead

The chief of police has kicked the bucket, the president has been assassinated and The King Is Dead, who do you turn to?

In this exciting new comedy panel show format, a well-known public figure is hypothetically bumped off each week and a comic interview panel led by Simon Bird must scour the Great British celebrity pool for a top notch replacement. Three celebrities will then compete in this unique and vigorous interview process in a bid to prove that they are the best applicant for the job.

The King Is Dead is part spoof job interview, part chat show, part panel show and part character comedy.

This makes me think that The King is Dead might be a new kind of meta-ironic satire: three talented performers pretending to be lame pretending to know how to present a comedy show.

I'm also wondering when this show will get round to bumping off and interviewing replacements for the one the person we are interest in: the controller of BBC comedy.

Pete Burns does not look any better blonde.

Quote: Timbo @ September 12 2010, 11:20 PM BST

Pete Burns does not look any better blonde.

Laughing out loud

Now you mention it...