The King Is Dead Page 3

Haven't seen it yet, but look forward to Tim's contributions.

Did you go and watch the whole series get filmed, Tim?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 4 2010, 7:08 PM BST

Oh, and I must declare my continuing honourable intentions for the lovely (and naturally-funny-boned) Katy Wix. Lovey

Aw. I love her too. (Not quite in the same way you do though.)

Maybe she'll read your post, Tim, and a beautiful romance will develop! :O

Quote: Ben @ September 4 2010, 7:21 PM BST

Did you go and watch the whole series get filmed, Tim?

I didn't see any of it! I was drafted in to write some lines pretty much at the last minute - only a week or so before they started recordings (back in February). So prior to transmission, I've only ever seen the pilot episode.

I didn't give this my full attention while I was watching it, so my opinion is probably not worth much, but I thought the scripted jokes were a little weak. Maybe there was an over-reliance on swearing and easy bait-and-switch gags?

I don't think it was terrible though. Some of the deliberately awkward questioniong got my interest. I quite like it when panel show hosts abuse their shit guests.

I managed to sit through the whole thing, and will be watching the next one. There are plenty of BBC Three comedies I couldn't say that about.

Now that I know Walker's writing for it, I'll definitely stick around for the whole series.

Woz like watching a short T4 Sunday quiz: the type they squeeze between Dawson's Creek and that morning's 600th episode of Friends. Only this wasn't short, it was stretched to breaking point - with old ideas and trite comedic devices; most of which wouldn't have looked out of place on Mike Smith's Radio One Show circa 1985. Really, if you can't bring anything new to the table, what's the point?

Don't like Katy Wix much, either (sponsored here by Pukka Pies). The coloured bloke, who seemed to be wearing an invisible stocking over his head, was alright though.

Oh no Katy Wix isn't a size 8! Shame on you.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 8 2010, 8:26 AM BST

Oh no Katy Wix isn't a size 8! Shame on you.

Obesity is a lifestyle illness, Nat, and shouldn't be seen as acceptable. That said, she is quite a sexy chubster.

Quote: don rushmore @ September 8 2010, 12:47 AM BST

The coloured bloke,

Nice.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 8 2010, 9:38 AM BST

Nice.

Don't get caught in the Don-trap Matt.

Quote: chipolata @ September 8 2010, 9:35 AM BST

Obesity is a lifestyle illness, Nat, and shouldn't be seen as acceptable. That said, she is quite a sexy chubster.

She's hardly obese ! She only looks about a size 12.

As a chubster myself, I am taking umbridge. I will belly bounce you if you are at the meet. That'll learn ya.

I watched this last night on iPlayer and pretty much enjoyed it. Some of the jokes were good, the whole thing was slightly shambolic enough to not care when one fell a bit flat and I thought the kiss-the-baby game at the end was done really well. I esppecially liked the bit where Corden just sort of twigged what he was doing and commented, "This is so weird".

I enjoyed the kiss the baby challenge. And the vending machine bit. Especially the song.