An Idiot Abroad Page 6

Quote: DaButt @ October 1 2010, 7:47 PM BST

Usenet, too. I've downloaded 2 episodes but have yet to watch them.

I worry about torrents since I switched from a Mac to PC, is Usenet safe?

I've been holding my arm up constantly to try to get out of housework

Quote: deckard @ October 1 2010, 7:52 PM BST

Ah. As long as you get a "trusted" uploader you should be fine though.

I could invite you to be a member of The Box if you like. They have a very strict sharing policy though.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 1 2010, 7:57 PM BST

Ah. As long as you get a "trusted" uploader you should be fine though.

I could invite you to be a member of The Box if you like. They have a very strict sharing policy though.

Do I need to start an account?

Quote: deckard @ October 1 2010, 7:52 PM BST

If you're talking about being busted by the copyright police, yes, it's MUCH safer. It's not peer-to-peer, so you're not uploading (sharing) anything, just downloading.

You would have to, yes.

Membership isn't always open, but if it's not I can invite you to join. You would need to give me the email address you'd register under so I could send you an invite via the site.

But I understand if you don't want to. :)

Quote: DaButt @ October 1 2010, 8:02 PM BST

If you're talking about being busted by the copyright police, yes, it's MUCH safer. It's not peer-to-peer, so you're not uploading (sharing) anything, just downloading.

This is true. But I got the impression it was viruses that was the worry.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 1 2010, 8:04 PM BST

You would have to, yes.

Membership isn't always open, but if it's not I can invite you to join. You would need to give me the email address you'd register under so I could send you an invite via the site.

But I understand if you don't want to. :)

Signed up!

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 1 2010, 8:04 PM BST

This is true. But I got the impression it was viruses that was the worry.

I use a Mac. ;)

I only download videos, so an executable attachment would set off alarms. There are websites where people screen/categorize/sort Usenet uploads and they'll usually warn about dangerous files.

Quote: deckard @ October 1 2010, 8:09 PM BST

Signed up!

Ah, cool. Make sure you read the rules and keep you ratio at a decent size, they will ban you if you don't. I download "Free" stuff, which only counts as upload, to bump it up.

Good luck. :)

Quote: DaButt @ October 1 2010, 8:11 PM BST

I use a Mac. ;)

Me too. ;)

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 1 2010, 8:14 PM BST

Ah, cool. Make sure you read the rules and keep you ratio at a decent size, they will ban you if you don't. I download "Free" stuff, which only counts as upload, to bump it up.

Good luck. :)

What player do you use?

I generally use my PS3, and VLC if that won't play it. But it usually does.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2010, 7:52 PM BST

I've been holding my arm up constantly to try to get out of housework

Laughing out loud

That was utterly freakish.

got the gist of Karls way of seeing life when the 'arm in the air guy' prompted him not to question the spiritual significance or meaning behind it, but to remark that he must be doing it to get out of the washing up! v funny.
it seemed a more upbeat experience this time, and I felt glad for him when he finally got given somewhere decent to stay..with a proper toilet...no more hovering over holes in the ground..for the time being..hehe

There's a clip of some deleted scenes from the India episode here:

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/entertainment/watch/v20495105HpXyzmdB

Tonight looks good - Petra in Jordan...Karl in the dessert :)

Oh.... Petra in Jordan.
I was worried that Mr Andre had gone Insania again for a second.