An Idiot Abroad Page 5

Best programme this year. Intentionally or not, this is comedic gold.

Is Karl Pilkington fact or fiction? Who cares, he's funny as hell.

Can't wait for tonight's episode

Quote: Minty @ September 30 2010, 10:04 AM BST

Best programme this year. Intentionally or not, this is comedic gold.

Is Karl Pilkington fact or fiction? Who cares, he's funny as hell.

Can't wait for tonight's episode

Definately not fiction. He's the real deal. No even Gervais & Merchant (the best comedy writers in the UK at the moment) could create such an odity.

Hi Zooo, yes, not seen Karl before although I know he was one of the three talking heads/cartoons with Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, but I never watched it at all, so maybe I missed out on the dynamic going on with them,
but seems by the prog so far that Ricky and Stephen love to gleefully try and push Karl to new heights of discomfort...thus getting him to moan and be harked off even more...thus funnier footage..
Will watch it tonight tho, am intrigued all the same to see what India will be like through his eyes...

Not as good as last week's, but still a great ep. When Karl flipped out I really felt sorry for him.

I thought that one was better than the first!
Although it's just adding to the list of countries I never want to go to.

I enjoyed that. The Holi day footage was great, and I quite liked those tents on the Ganges.

The Yoga men were funny, even I was wincing when he twisted his bits.

They do seem to be a bit mean to Karl, I'm sure there's nicer hotels near the Taj Mahal.

Yes, the only nice place was the tent by the river. And on the boat at sunset, of course.

That boat ride looked amazing.

I think it's quite a good travel programme and could stand on it's own without the phone calls from RG and SM. It's been well researched and they've found some interesting people and places off the beaten track.

They'd need to include some of the nice bits of a country /city.

I've already forgotten where they're going next week. :S

He's going to Petra in Jordan.
*I want to go to that place*

Ohhhh, of course. The cool place from Indiana Jones.

The nice old man with the big beard who got Karl to swim in the Ganges reminded me of the old man in that other Indiana Jones film. The one with the hot potato stones that had been stolen by the bad man.

Watched this last night and found it very interesting and even quite poignant at times but hardly laughed at all, which is not at all what I was expecting.

This is killing me. Can one of you point a camcorder at the screen and upload the lot of them?

Seeing that it is Ricky Gervais, it should get to America pretty soon. Hopefully they will not remake it with an American. Sick

I'm sure it's available as a torrent if you know where to look. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 1 2010, 7:37 PM BST

I'm sure it's available as a torrent if you know where to look. Whistling nnocently

Usenet, too. I've downloaded 2 episodes but have yet to watch them.