Newsjack - Series 3 Page 17

Private Eye this week has three articles which read *extremely* similar to my sketches for week one.

Of course they didn't rip me off, but I shall be smug for a few days in the knowledge that my humour is spot on for Private Eye, even if it's beneath Newsjack.

I'm writing for the wrong people.

Hey FCW. Why don't you post one of them up in critique to see if your rage is justified?

This isn't rage. This is my normal placid rejected state of trance.

But good point - I shall dig out some stuff for critique. Top plan.

Quote: swerytd @ June 23 2010, 7:46 PM BST

Well, someone has to!

Ba boom boom... tsch! Thank you, I'm here all week. Try the lamb.

Dan

I'm a big fan of lamb, Dan.

Quote: chipolata @ June 23 2010, 7:25 PM BST

There is a lot of self-hate on this thread.
Not from me, I bloody love my stuff. Bloody love it! :)

And so you should.

Quote: Failed Comedy Writer @ June 23 2010, 8:33 PM BST

Private Eye this week has three articles which read *extremely* similar to my sketches for week one.

Of course they didn't rip me off, but I shall be smug for a few days in the knowledge that my humour is spot on for Private Eye, even if it's beneath Newsjack.

I'm writing for the wrong people.

Have you considered submitting to Private Eye? I hear they take unsolicited gags and pay fairly well.

Quote: Failed Comedy Writer @ June 23 2010, 8:33 PM BST

At least a couple of my vox pops have gone that way. Either Private Eye are scavenging around the Newsjack bins, or the subject matter and treatment of them are a bit obvious, I guess.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 24 2010, 8:17 AM BST

At least a couple of my vox pops have gone that way. Either Private Eye are scavenging around the Newsjack bins, or the subject matter and treatment of them are a bit obvious, I guess.

Have you got anything in or just sent it off to Private Eye?

Quote: chipolata @ June 24 2010, 9:26 AM BST

Have you got anything in or just sent it off to Private Eye?

No, I'm talking about rejected vox pops. It would never occur to me to send stuff to the Eye.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 24 2010, 9:27 AM BST

No, I'm talking about rejected vox pops. It would never occur to me to send stuff to the Eye.

Send some this week and tell me how it goes.
If it goes well, I'll try it.
If not, I won't.
Sorted.

No.

Beg pardon, squire?

I didn't say anything. Whistling nnocently

Sign of weakness. Whistling nnocently

Hey guys, can I just ask something I forgot to ask last week. did some of you who managed to get things into newsjack last week only find out when you read the writers list for episode 1?

And as a follow up to David's question; did anyone get a 'we recorded your sketch but didn't use it' email?

One thing I've just come across on Twitter. Andi Osho won't be able to do Newsjack anymore because recordings take place at the same time as Stand Up For The Week.