Newsjack - Series 3 Page 15

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 22 2010, 8:05 AM BST

Shoved five wafer thin slices of processed vox pop down the Newsjack gob hole.

And have you had an auto-reply yet?

Sent mine with 10 mintues to spare.

Why bother?

They're not very good.

Just sent mine in with 5 minutes to spare lol. I've done 5 vox pops this week and I've managed to make them all topical from today :)

I can't think of anything
any good
So I think I'm going to give it a miss this week.
Rather than sending a few things in for the sake of it.

Quote: David Burch @ June 22 2010, 4:56 PM BST

Just sent mine in with 5 minutes to spare lol. I've done 5 vox pops this week and I've managed to make them all topical from today :)

That's nothing - I sent in my vox pops with 1-2 minutes to spare.

With unrealistic optimism sent off 2 sketches and a correction.

Decided to steer clear of England vs. Slovenia as feel I'll be pained enough watching it without the knowledge that a certain result could make my submission 10% funnier.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ June 22 2010, 5:02 PM BST

That's nothing - I sent in my vox pops with 1-2 minutes to spare.

lol, such competitiveness :)good luck with them

Just sent off my miserable orphan with a note clutched in his wretched little hand and I just hope ... I pray that it won't be another cracking episode like last week.

It's one thing to reject a man's work, but to rob him of his sense of righteous indignation too is just plain cruel!

Has anybodt ever had any luck rejigging rejeced sketches and resubmitting them? Or is it always better to do something fresh each week?

It's a temptation, isn't it?

Same with vox pops - what if they didn't read it? or were distracted or tired or something?

On the other hand, if they DID read it, and hated it, and the same person reads it again the next week ... hello trash can.

Quote: chipolata @ June 22 2010, 6:43 PM BST

Has anybodt ever had any luck rejigging rejeced sketches and resubmitting them? Or is it always better to do something fresh each week?

I've done it both ways.

I re-worked a 'Leaving party for our Gordon Brown Impresionist' sketch for the end of Series 1 and then again as the General Election loomed at the end of Series 2. Neither made it.

I was also asked by Newsjack to re-write a sketch I submitted and then they didn't even put it in the recording.

I hate my sketches so much I want them to fail multiple times.

So that's how you get onto a topical show? Keep submitting the same work?

What about us who keep trying to come up with something original?

It seems like a swizz they didn't take you when they said they would...

I'd have thought if they liked a sketch enough to want a re-write they'd ask; but if it's been a couple of weeks, they might have lost/forgotten it. I suppose everyone has a maximum of three sketches, what you chose to send for that is your decision but I'd be worried they'd look at it and go 'this again?' or 'Too similar to some previous idea: next!'.

My Vox pop submission times are much earlier this series (side affect of getting a job). Sketches still habitually sent about 11:58 though...

Why do so many of you seem to hate the stuff you're submitting?

Because we can't all be you.