QI - Series H Page 6

Sandi Toksvig on tonight's episode who is starting to sound like Michael McIntyre. Or maybe it's just me.

Rob Brydon and the wonderful Fred MacAulay too :)

Quote: Joey Moose @ December 3 2010, 8:48 PM GMT

Sandi Toksvig on tonight's episode who is starting to sound like Michael McIntyre. Or maybe it's just me.

Rob Brydon and the wonderful Fred MacAulay too :)

Yes - it is you sounding like Michael McIntyre.

Robert Webb should not be on this show.

He might as well not have been, he hardly said a word (in the regular version).

Perhaps he feels he has to keep up with David Mitchell, but he is a bit rubbish as both a panellist and a presenter. He should seek out some decent acting gigs. Or maybe find someone who needs a backing dancer.

Everyone seemed to talk over Robert, he seemed too polite to assert himself.

I thought that Robert Webb was not the best guest. He tries to assert himself more in the XL edition, but was on the whole too quiet. He was only really active when he was deliberatly ringing the klaxon.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 9 2011, 3:16 PM GMT

I thought that Robert Webb was not the best guest. He tries to assert himself more in the XL edition, but was on the whole too quiet. He was only really active when he was deliberatly ringing the klaxon.

All guests are usually a bit quiet on their first appearance, though, aren't they?

QI's really lost it for me now. I still watch, but it's no longer the sparky, captivating, utterly unmissable programme it was even just a few years ago. I wouldn't mind if they took a few years' break to let some new performers come through and mature.

Quote: cwickham @ January 9 2011, 3:20 PM GMT

All guests are usually a bit quiet on their first appearance, though, aren't they?

I don't that is true with all the guests. Some are different. Johnny Vegas springs to mind.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 9 2011, 3:16 PM GMT

He was only really active when he was deliberatly ringing the klaxon.

Yes, that was hilarious...

Fry's beginning to grate.

Quote: Aaron @ January 9 2011, 4:00 PM GMT

QI's really lost it for me now. I still watch, but it's no longer the sparky, captivating, utterly unmissable programme it was even just a few years ago. I wouldn't mind if they took a few years' break to let some new performers come through and mature.

Have to agree with this, it's just become really dull, nowadays it often features long segments where Stephen Fry is just telling us something vaguely interesting (perhaps it should change it's name to "VI") with few contributions from the panelists, which is quite boring.

As Aaron says, it seems to have lost it's spark and I never thought I'd say this but yes, Stephen Fry is starting to become a bit annoying, perhaps it's his ubiquity, he's overexposed these days and is starting to lose his sheen.

Another problem with the show is how often they seem to present badly researched 'facts'.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 10 2011, 9:59 AM GMT

Have to agree with this, it's just become really dull, nowadays it often features long segments where Stephen Fry is just telling us something vaguely interesting (perhaps it should change it's name to "VI") with few contributions from the panelists, which is quite boring.

As Aaron says, it seems to have lost it's spark and I never thought I'd say this but yes, Stephen Fry is starting to become a bit annoying, perhaps it's his ubiquity, he's overexposed these days and is starting to lose his sheen.

Well I've got bad news for you. Today QI is being to start researching Series I - I'm guessing Mr. Fry will return.

It should be pointed out that Fry was not the first choice for host - it was originally going to be Michael Palin, with Fry the head of the clever team and Davies the head of the stupid team, but Palin did not want to do the show.

One problem is that if Fry did not host the series, who would?

Quote: Nogget @ January 10 2011, 10:17 AM GMT

Another problem with the show is how often they seem to present badly researched 'facts'.

Also sometimes the information the panellists give is wrong. For example it has been pointed out on the QI forums that the song "Suicide Solution" is not by Judas Priest but by Ozzy Osbourne.