QI - Series H Page 3

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ September 10 2010, 1:59 PM BST

I don't think it's Jimmy, don't know why I just don't think it's him.

Jimmy has people write jokes for him on programmes like Distraction and 8 Out of 10 Cats, so if it was him I wouldn't be surprised.

Why have you all suggested people who never get any questions right?

It's obviously Rory McGrath, Dara Ó Briain or Danny Baker. Probably Dara - if it's at all true.

Danny Baker isn't on enough to be considered a regular, surely?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ September 11 2010, 12:12 AM BST

Why have you all suggested people who never get any questions right?

Good point! Probably Rory McGrath then? He sometimes displays a suspicious amount of knowledge about some of the subjects.

It might explain why McGrath has only appeared on two episodes of Series C and has never appeared again since.

Quote: roystonpoisoner @ September 10 2010, 9:37 PM BST

Jimmy has people write jokes for him on programmes like Distraction and 8 Out of 10 Cats, so if it was him I wouldn't be surprised.

They all do, in all of those such panel and entertainment programmes - not just Jimmy.

I wouldn't say that QI has joke writers, but it does have a big team of researchers. The questions and answers themselves are in a way the jokes. In fact, the original idea of "General Ignorance" was to sound the klaxon whenever someone did a dull joke. For example, in the first episode, a question relating to testicals resulted in Danny Baker getting the klaxon when he said: "New balls please."

In the beginning, Fry did read quite a bit from the autocue but it wasn't his style, so most of his humour comes from the cards. Also, QI has the benefit of getting humour from the buzzers and on-screen images so there are more places where you can get gags.

Here is something you might find quite interesting. This is a news story with film clip from a Norwegian website about crop circles. They come across a new crop circle but have no idea what it is. Wait until 5 minutes into the clip.

:D

With regards to last nights episode, I think Ross did very well.

Alan Davis told the end joke of ep 2 in a previous series.

Quote: jhmagic1 @ September 24 2010, 8:57 PM BST

Alan Davis told the end joke of ep 2 in a previous series.

Is that why they cut to his (not very amused) face at the end?!

I'll always watch QI as long as it's on, mainly cos it's got Stephen Fry in it, but does anyone else feel it's starting to get a little bit stale now? The last episode was like ghost town, there was tumbleweed. Maybe it was just the guests I dunno, but I watched the XL and there were maybe 2 or 3 half-hearted laughs from the audience in the whole 45 mins. Awww, I want it to get better again :(

Quote: Moonstone @ September 27 2010, 11:46 PM BST

Is that why they cut to his (not very amused) face at the end?!

Julia noticed that he'd stolen Alan's story and, yes, it's no wonder he looked piss off.

And he'd 'stolen' something else a couple of weeks ago too apparently.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 12 2010, 11:02 AM BST

Also, QI has the benefit of getting humour from the buzzers

Oh yes, how I laugh when they go through the all the buzzer sounds, one at a time, slowly and deliberately. Alan's is always so funny, isn't it. :|

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 27 2010, 11:58 PM BST

Julia noticed that he'd stolen Alan's story and, yes, it's no wonder he looked piss off.

And he'd 'stolen' something else a couple of weeks ago too apparently.

Maybe he was asked first? He 'did' look peeved though.
P.S. Tell Julia I said helloo! Wave

Quote: Nogget @ September 28 2010, 7:02 AM BST

Oh yes, how I laugh when they go through the all the buzzer sounds, one at a time, slowly and deliberately. Alan's is always so funny, isn't it. :|

I never find that bit that funny tbh.