Things that piss you off Page 776

Christmas adverts. There's just been two in a row on. It's the 3rd of Novemeber, so get lost. It shouldn't be allowed until the end of Novemeber at the very least!

Agreed. All Christmas references banned until December. Oh and the word X-mas. And Happy Christmas. It's Merry you bozo's!!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'd like to be able to choose the level of Christmas I participate in. My involvement in the event is far greater than I enjoy, what with the problems of giving gift ideas to people, trying to arrange to meet all sorts of people, many of whom I don't really want to see, let alone the inconvenience of piles of children's (largely unwanted) presents cluttering up the place. Much nicer to be able to choose to give and receive in moderation, and actually be able to enjoy it rather than have it as a trial.

Why can't you do that, then?

Quote: zooo @ November 4 2011, 2:36 PM GMT

Why can't you do that, then?

I'll give you an example. Many people demand ideas from me for presents I want. So, I have to list a series of items which I actually would like right now,and would go out to buy for myself, but instead have to go without for a few months before getting. Instead, I have to buy a load of stuff they want and which they will have to wait for. It's an inefficient system!

:D

Since they've revamped iPlayer, it keeps playing after I've had something paused for a while. Does the BBC really think I'm sitting slack jawed and glassy eyed in front of the screen, unable to remember pressing pause and wondering why the people who live on the other side of the screen have frozen?

Yes.

Anyone mention fireworks?

People having something that belongs to you and then dragging their f**king feet instead of just giving it back.

People saying 'actually' ever other effin' word.

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 6 2011, 9:05 PM GMT

People saying 'actually' ever other effin' word.

Ditto, ditto, ditto, and bastard ex-friends who phone you and get your nerves ajangle ( too complicated to explain, especially after a couple of glasses)

Australian TV
bad drivers

the fact that movies sometimes take months to get over here (inbetweeners) I mean ffs its 2011, the film reels don't have to come over on a boat anymore!!

Quote: Dave Williams @ November 7 2011, 7:02 AM GMT

Australian TV
bad drivers

the fact that movies sometimes take months to get over here (inbetweeners) I mean ffs its 2011, the film reels don't have to come over on a boat anymore!!

Yea, they have those fancy things with wings now....airplanes I think they're called.

Sadly apart from ABC I don't think the television networks and cinema distributors have realised the Uk still makes TV shows and movies. Shame becuase they seem to actually make shows instead of all the reality sh*te that passes for entertainment here. If it's not reality or from America, we don't want to know apparently.....I could go on ranting about my disgust at the state of "current affairs" programs over here but I won't.

Quote: AJGO @ November 5 2011, 4:24 PM GMT

Since they've revamped iPlayer, it keeps playing after I've had something paused for a while. Does the BBC really think I'm sitting slack jawed and glassy eyed in front of the screen, unable to remember pressing pause and wondering why the people who live on the other side of the screen have frozen?

Just revamping iPlayer. I have had the download allowance 'docked' by my ISP when I did the series download of Spooks. The damn thing refused to play and for five of the six eps came up with the legend there was a problem. I only saw the last ep because it was still current on iPlayer when I tried to watch. However, it is still light years ahead of the on demand players on the commercial channels, which fall over every five minutes, insist on playing several minutes of adverts and you can't go back and rewatch a part. You have to completely restart.