Things that piss you off Page 777

Quote: KLRiley @ November 7 2011, 7:44 AM GMT

Just revamping iPlayer. I have had the download allowance 'docked' by my ISP when I did the series download of Spooks. The damn thing refused to play and for five of the six eps came up with the legend there was a problem. I only saw the last ep because it was still current on iPlayer when I tried to watch. However, it is still light years ahead of the on demand players on the commercial channels, which fall over every five minutes, insist on playing several minutes of adverts and you can't go back and rewatch a part. You have to completely restart.

Grr on your behalf. True that it's better than others though; very suspicious that the only o.d.player that doesn't show ads is the only one that doesn't randomly freeze forcing you to sit through adverts again.

Quote: reds @ November 7 2011, 7:42 AM GMT

Yea, they have those fancy things with wings now....airplanes I think they're called.

Sadly apart from ABC I don't think the television networks and cinema distributors have realised the Uk still makes TV shows and movies. Shame becuase they seem to actually make shows instead of all the reality sh*te that passes for entertainment here. If it's not reality or from America, we don't want to know apparently.....I could go on ranting about my disgust at the state of "current affairs" programs over here but I won't.

I don't think my TV has seen anything but ABC's and SBS for years!

In a way the woeful state of Au television is a good thing, I mean imagine them trying to pull off 8 out of 10 cats, Buzzcocks etc? the very very best personalities we have here would just about equal the worst of their UK counterparts.

Leave the funny stuff to people who are actually funny :)

I happen to think there are plenty of funny Aussies. For a start, their cricketers' performance is laughable.

Actually I thought Gyton Grantley was funny in Underbelly.

they're thin on the ground, believe me!

Dave - I believe our version of "Buzzcocks" is/ was "Spicks and Specks".....they just didn't aim at the same age demographic. Or have funny team captians.

I have sometimes seen on here people complaing about the same comedians appearing on all the UK panel shows- here I think we literally have about the same 10 people, on about 3 (soon to be 2) panel shows.

"Underbelly" is something else that pissed me off- To me it just seemed to glamourise the whole thing. It's like everyone forgot that they were real people and those thing really happened, and so recently.

Quote: reds @ November 8 2011, 1:40 PM GMT

"Underbelly" is something else that pissed me off- To me it just seemed to glamourise the whole thing. It's like everyone forgot that they were real people and those thing really happened, and so recently.

One thing that struck me was how much (pointlessly gratuitous)hetro sex everyone was having. Aren't you allowed to have any gay crims over there?

I never watched but from what I know about the people in it, they were straight.

Quote: reds @ November 8 2011, 1:40 PM GMT

Dave - I believe our version of "Buzzcocks" is/ was "Spicks and Specks".....they just didn't aim at the same age demographic. Or have funny team captians.

I have sometimes seen on here people complaing about the same comedians appearing on all the UK panel shows- here I think we literally have about the same 10 people, on about 3 (soon to be 2) panel shows.

yeah I enjoy spicks n specks but its a very poor relation of buzzcocks

thank God for UKNovathat's all I can say :)

People who don't realise that door handles don't only allow you to open the door but also to close it quietly without slamming it shut !

Angry

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 9 2011, 1:05 AM GMT

People who don't realise that door handles don't only allow you to open the door but also to close it quietly without slamming it shut !

Angry

You've met the kids, then.

When u write something on yer hand to remind you about sumfin later on ....

Then totally forget what it means

I have '24' written on my right hand

No idea why

Balls

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 9 2011, 1:05 AM GMT

Angry

Move over Oldrocker, I'm getting in with you. It's me and you against the world's door slamming c**ts!

Quote: lofthouse @ November 9 2011, 8:01 PM GMT

When u write something on yer hand to remind you about sumfin later on ....

Then totally forget what it means

I have '24' written on my right hand

No idea why

Balls

Is it the number of prostitutes you have killed?

Is it reminding yourself of yourfreakish second lobster like thumb

Though how you could forget such a thing is beyond me.

Getting hardly any hours at work. Consistantly for a month. I know times are tough but my landlord, phone comapny etc rather like it when I pay my bills.

What do you do Reds?