Things that piss you off Page 765

You have to discover what the adhesive is before your can use the right thing to get it off. If you've had no luck washing with water, then maybe white spirits will remove it.

Cheers. Think it's 'siliconised polyester' !

Quote: AJGO @ October 14 2011, 9:33 AM BST

Cheers. Think it's 'siliconised polyester' !

Nail varnish remover will do the trick.

When I am asked what did you do last night and I stay did open mic stand up and then have colleagues go "your just not funny"
Wouldnt mind but they have never been to a gig. Least watch then criticise.
I can understand not coming to see my do burlesque as 1 collegue risked it and is still traumatised but still.

Also lunch ending to soon to look at rest sight.

and bus drivers not knowing how to use the brakes properly.
whiplash anyone?

Quote: Rose Vivaciou @ October 14 2011, 12:58 PM BST

When I am asked what did you do last night and I stay did open mic stand up and then have colleagues go "your just not funny"

They probably think whoopee cushions are the height of hilarity.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 14 2011, 11:14 AM BST

Nail varnish remover will do the trick.

Top tip, ta

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2011, 1:15 PM BST

They probably think whoopee cushions are the height of hilarity.

You probably just don't get it; it's because they make a farting noise.

Ah, I don't fart, you see (being a lovely ladylike lady) so I don't really understand the concept.

Quote: AJGO @ October 14 2011, 9:07 AM BST

Does anyone have any solutions for getting adhesive off of skin? (Yes I've tried washing ta :) ) Got nicotine patch squares all over my arms and I scrub til it's really quite sore but still conspicuously there..

You can buy spray cans of stuff called Label Remover which usually works on such adhesives.

Quote: billwill @ October 14 2011, 2:22 PM BST

You can buy spray cans of stuff called Label Remover which usually works on such adhesives.

Ooh, never heard of it, thanks. It does annoy me when you can't get price labels off of DVDs (and food packaging actually, but that's probably just me). Just discovered a big tub of heavy duty hand cleaner for bicycle tyre changing hands, so will try that too and hope nothing untoward happens

The chemist used to sell (probably still does) a bottle of stuff for removing sticking plasters - presumably it was safe for the skin.

Quote: keewik @ October 14 2011, 4:01 PM BST

The chemist used to sell (probably still does) a bottle of stuff for removing sticking plasters - presumably it was safe for the skin.

Nail polish remover is what you need.

Thanks for the suggestions all :)
Not using a patch today since I know there's bugger all chance of me not smoking at the weekend but I shall try out the suggestions next week and report back- no, no, stop your clamouring for this most exciting piece of research, you'll just have to wait

Quote: AJGO @ October 14 2011, 2:42 PM BST

Ooh, never heard of it, thanks. It does annoy me when you can't get price labels off of DVDs (and food packaging actually, but that's probably just me). Just discovered a big tub of heavy duty hand cleaner for bicycle tyre changing hands, so will try that too and hope nothing untoward happens

Label Remover from CPC

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp;jsessionid=VAMCDFNWCFDJOCQLCIQZKBQ?N=411&Ntk=gensearch&Ntt=label+remover&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&suggestions=false&ref=globalsearch&_requestid=633638

Quote: David Bussell @ October 14 2011, 4:03 PM BST

Nail polish remover is what you need.

Which is Acetone usually.

Quote: AJGO @ October 14 2011, 4:26 PM BST

Thanks for the suggestions all :)
Not using a patch today since I know there's bugger all chance of me not smoking at the weekend but I shall try out the suggestions next week and report back- no, no, stop your clamouring for this most exciting piece of research, you'll just have to wait

You're not supposed to stick them on your arm. Put them over your mouth so you can't put a fag in there.