Things that piss you off Page 761

Quote: keewik @ October 6 2011, 12:03 AM BST

Royal Mail is the instrument of the Devil. Never trust them. Probably to do with the first word in the title.

Watching Prince Harry flying helicopters, it struck me that the Royals must be terribly capable people, since they all get such good jobs in the military, and it goes without saying that the military would only ever employ the best people for such responsible jobs, wouldn't they? Otherwise, I might have to post a rant on this thread about it.

Isn't it often the posher ones who get given the good jobs in the military?

Quote: Will Cam @ October 7 2011, 9:26 PM BST

My wife let's the dog sleep on our bed. She puts a blanket on top but I can still smell the f**king dog and I don't want to smell a f**king dog when I am in f**king bed.

Are you sure the word 'our' is applicable to the bed? Sounds like she thinks it belongs to her and the dog.

You can't fake flying a helicopter so hat's off to them. I don't understand Royal bashing. would you rather be French!

Maybe you could buy the dog a nice cosy dog bed for the bedroom floor.

Quote: Nogget @ October 7 2011, 9:34 PM BST

Are you sure the word 'our' is applicable to the bed? Sounds like she thinks it belongs to her and the dog.

You could be right Nogget :D

Quote: zooo @ October 7 2011, 9:36 PM BST

Maybe you could buy the dog a nice cosy dog bed for the bedroom floor.

Or maybe I could kick its smelly arse down the stairs into its bed in the kitchen Angry

Well that too, but if you do it by degrees, she might actually go along with it. :)

Quote: zooo @ October 7 2011, 9:38 PM BST

Well that too, but if you do it by degrees, she might actually go along with it. :)

True. I'll kick it's smelly arse out into the landing tomorrow, then down the stairs the next day.

Quote: zooo @ October 7 2011, 9:33 PM BST

Isn't it often the posher ones who get given the good jobs in the military?

You'd hope the military would be a meritocracy, wouldn't you. Otherwise, lives would be at risk. Sorry zooo, I should have used a 'sarcasm' smiley.

Seeing the royals parading around in their uniforms on Remembrance Day annoys me*. Prince Philip is Lord High Admiral of the UK, Charles was a commander...these people surely haven't earned such titles, have they? They're not a family of superhumans. Charles got crap A levels and yet still went to Cambridge, then ends up meddling in the military; if we had better people in charge, there would be fewer dead soldiers to be remembering!

*Apart from the Queen, she's cool.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 7 2011, 9:35 PM BST

You can't fake flying a helicopter

But you can try to make sure the best people become the pilots, and I don't believe the Royals turn out the best pilots, every bloody generation.

Harry only got two A-Levels, a B in art, and a D in geography. Surely we could train up better people when lives are at stake.

I've never really thought of the army as full of brainy people, to be honest.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 7 2011, 9:35 PM BST

You can't fake flying a helicopter so hat's off to them. I don't understand Royal bashing. would you rather be French!

Yes.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 7 2011, 9:26 PM BST

My wife let's the dog sleep on our bed. She puts a blanket on top but I can still smell the f**king dog and I don't want to smell a f**king dog when I am in f**king bed.

Poison the bastard. After all, it's not a cat. (not that I'm extreme or anything)

Quote: keewik @ October 7 2011, 10:01 PM BST

Yes.

Poison the bastard. After all, it's not a cat. (not that I'm extreme or anything)

You dog hating French bastard you :P

A bas les chiens! (or words to that effect)

[quote name="zooo" post="814423" date="October 7 2011, 9:36 PM BST"]Maybe you could buy the dog a nice cosy dog bed for the bedroom floor.
[/quote)

Whistling nnocently You could buy yourself a nice cosy bed for the bedroom floor?

Quote: dellas @ October 7 2011, 10:18 PM BST

[quote name="zooo" post="814423" date="October 7 2011, 9:36 PM BST"]Maybe you could buy the dog a nice cosy dog bed for the bedroom floor.
[/quote)

Whistling nnocently You could buy yourself a nice cosy bed for the bedroom floor?

Laughing out loud