Things that piss you off Page 749

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 8 2011, 11:43 AM BST

*saw another one. Leevil 9th September 2011. Nice big one.*

:D

Quote: zooo @ September 7 2011, 11:34 PM BST

my beloved General Discusssion forum

Bloody weirdo.

When is this Google+ coming out? I want something else to hate being signed up to.

EDIT: Wrong thread.

Quote: chipolata @ September 8 2011, 11:49 AM BST

Bloody weirdo.

It's my favourite bit. Critique is my least favourite bit.
;)

Quote: zooo @ September 8 2011, 11:55 AM BST

It's my favourite bit. Critique is my least favourite bit.

Ah, well. Critique's like Bitter Loon Town.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 8 2011, 11:43 AM BST

For those of you who didn't read it all- let me sum it up: Jack won.

*Takes print-out of Nat's post to bookies*

YOU'LL BE FILTHY STINKING RICH

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 8 2011, 11:43 AM BST

For those of you who didn't read it all- let me sum it up: Jack won.

There are no winners when fighting online.
(raises eyebrow archly)

Sorry for clogging the thread. Those who posted about how they couldn't or weren't going to read it, it's ok, I only wanted him to read it.

I know we're all serious adults who like the odd bit of gentle one line humour and so sorry for the public run in, such things are meant are jokes, not feuds or rows, just jokes. I'm assuming it's my problem because I run into online schmucks wherever I go.

Anyway, I think this is a top site, well run, the guide is amazing and I enjoyed critique especially but I don't want to waste time on public forums anymore and so say Adios to y'all who I've enjoyed reading! There's a few genuinely funny people on here who've made me laugh. Good Luck to those pursuing a career in comedy, and Good Luck to those who aren't.

Jack
:)

What? Don't go you tool. You're one of the vaguely amusing ones.

Oh good grief what kind of baby throws their toys out of the pram and flouces off in a stinky nappy at the least provocation.

(not me honest)

Yeah, you've got to get to at least 1005 posts before you do your first flounce off.

Go on Jack. Admit it. You're Tim returning in a different guise so you can flounce off more often.

And in other news, Riley isn't exactly pissed off but is completely gobsmacked by the System. In the Great Job Hunting Saga, I have now been told by one of the agencies to which I've signed (not mind you by jobseekers) that because I'm out of work and getting benefit I qualify for training. One of the qualifications on offer is the ECDL (the 'I can use a computer course' ). Now, I can use a computer (in fact, there been at least one in the house for the past twenty three years) but given some of the feedback I've had from recruiters, apparently I need a bit of paper to prove it. So I have just spoken to the providers. The nearest venue is an hour away and although the courses are on line I have to attend a basic maths and English course first. 'How about I email you a copy of my LLM Certificate and my first degree results, which included a first in statistics?' I offered. No. It is a government requirment that all applicants MUST take a basic maths and english test.
And people wonder why this country is losing out on skilled workers. It's because everything is being geared to the lowest common denominator.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ September 8 2011, 2:36 PM BST

Adios

Jack

Yup, no winners.

Quote: KLRiley @ September 8 2011, 2:59 PM BST

And in other news, Riley isn't exactly pissed off but is completely gobsmacked by the System. In the Great Job Hunting Saga, I have now been told by one of the agencies to which I've signed (not mind you by jobseekers) that because I'm out of work and getting benefit I qualify for training. One of the qualifications on offer is the ECDL (the 'I can use a computer course' ). Now, I can use a computer (in fact, there been at least one in the house for the past twenty three years) but given some of the feedback I've had from recruiters, apparently I need a bit of paper to prove it. So I have just spoken to the providers. The nearest venue is an hour away and although the courses are on line I have to attend a basic maths and English course first. 'How about I email you a copy of my LLM Certificate and my first degree results, which included a first in statistics?' I offered. No. It is a government requirment that all applicants MUST take a basic maths and english test.
And people wonder why this country is losing out on skilled workers. It's because everything is being geared to the lowest common denominator.

Oh god, that is so ANNOYING.
The system is so utterly swamped by bullshit.