Things that piss you off Page 1,816

Quote: Chappers @ 26th January 2022, 4:25 PM

Funny the number of mixed race families in current adverts.

It's nothing sinister - just practical. You get a bigger bang for your buck media spend-wise.
You get to appeal to a broader section of the audience, disenfranchising less people.
Apart from eugenicists.
They f**king hate it.
So I guess you might lose their business.
Swings & roundabouts

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th January 2022, 6:04 PM

It's nothing sinister - just practical. You get a bigger bang for your buck media spend-wise.
You get to appeal to a broader section of the audience, disenfranchising less people.
Apart from eugenicists.
They f**king hate it.
So I guess you might lose their business.
Swings & roundabouts

So you're saying it's cynical.

He said racists originally.
Usual lefty reply.

Quote: Lazzard @ 26th January 2022, 6:04 PM

The only adverts that seem to be aimed at me are for mobility scooters and funeral plans :(

Quote: Chappers @ 26th January 2022, 6:54 PM

So you're saying it's cynical.

Of course.
It's advertising.
It's certainly not political correctness gone mad - just rampant capitalism (how's that for Lefty?)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th January 2022, 6:57 PM

He said racists originally.
Usual lefty reply.

Indeed. Well spotted.
But I think eugenecist works better.
Because, whilst not all racists are eugenicists - I think it's safe to say that all eugenicists are racist.

Bloody hell, now we're playing Mixed Race Bingo.

The trouble is these days, you are not allowed to dislike anything or you are automatically an 'ist or a phobe.
Which implies you are a nasty intolerant person. It's a ridiculous situation where you are coerced or else.

I once said on Twitter that I did not watch the male-male dancers on Strictly come dancing. (that's all)
I was reported hundreds of times wanting me banned and had thousands of replies, all of the same ilk.
I was sent notifications from Twitter every day for weeks, saying they had received complaints about my tweet. (but no action taken)
I did wonder which side was actually intolerant.

Totally agree with that. All this 'Haters gonna hate' bullshit, when your criticism might be justified. Around the time of that awful 'Wrecking Bollock' vid, I had a line, 'You can't get blood from a stone. But if you're Miley Cyrus, you can get spunk from a sledgehammer... Yes, one swallow does not make a Summer. But it does mean Miley likes you.' I was accused of misogynism, but it was the opposite: I was tryna say that you should respect women and fellating household objects might not be helping the cause. Unfortunately we live in a world where any form of criticism, no matter how well-deserved, makes you negative. Next step: don't agree with Hitler's Jewish policy? Got a prob with Germans then, you f**king racist. Have some f**king respect.

People parking like idiots pissed me out today!

Adverts that appear in the middle of a thread. It never used to happen.

I kind of like the adverts at the top about reporting domestic abuse.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th January 2022, 8:53 PM

I kind of like the adverts at the top about reporting domestic abuse.

Well the adverts reflect what you've been looking at online. I won't tell you the sort of adverts I get.

I'm not homophobic, but I'm sooo sick of how homosexuals relate EVERYTHING back to their sexuality. 'Took a dump this morning! Felt so self-empowered! My shit smells like - well shit, just the the shit we've taken from breeders for years. And my ass represents gay bum sex, which I proudly practise in defiance of cock in vag. By removing cack from my butt I am valiantly rejecting homophobic conventions in the name of downtrodden queers worldwide. So screw you, breeders.'

That bloody eBay advert

It follows me around all day on tv and radio

'Buy a thing, sell a thing, buy a thing, sell a thing'

FUCK OFF ALREADY

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th February 2022, 7:49 AM

I'm not homophobic, but........................

You need to be careful what you say, or how you say it on that matter, as there are certain people on this forum who will crucify you if there's the merest hint of diversion from the precepted norm.