Things that piss you off Page 1,815

Why do people these days say Hey instead of Hello? I could never even get used to saying Hi.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd November 2021, 8:46 PM

Why do people these days say Hey instead of Hello? I could never even get used to saying Hi.

I thought you always said "What-oh", when you were with your chums.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd November 2021, 8:46 PM

Well, at least everyone seems to answer the phone with "hello" even if it's gone out of fashion in face-to-face greetings. But I didn't realise "hey" was particularly a 'thing', people tend to go with hi, hiya or all right round these parts.

"Wag'wan?" if my kids number comes up, "Ey up mi duk" if it's a mate and "Morse" if I don't recognise it :)

The over used word 'could' in newspaper headlines and on TV news channels.
Could is not a fact, neither is it news, it's conjecture or someones opinion.

Maybe they should start the 6 o clock news with ' Good evening, here's what we think might happen in the future....

Yeah - but when "could happen " becomes "has happened" it's a bit bloody late.

You could be right, you could be wrong. :)
Just my opinion.

But a lot of people take 'could' as fact and repeat it as fact.

Two things.

1. That bloody Nationwide advert!
2. Not being able to post on here last night!!!

The way some women in the media (not all women, of course!!!!!!!!!) think everything they do is 'self-empowering'. I'm into the equality of the sexes, but these days, that's not enough. 'Took a dump this morning! Felt so self-empowered! Screw you, guys! Girl Power! Like to see you take such a fine-bodied pooh after what we've been through! Get outa here!'

TV continuity announcers who say about the forthcoming Friller and warn about language Fru-out.

Dominoohohoooooooo pizza ads

When they are reporting on a news story on Sky News and its got BREAKING in massive red letters on screen

and it's about something that happened about 18 hours ago and isn't anything major anyway

Fkn drama queens

Adverts where someone is playing a guitar on screen.
Play the right chords at least. There's one for an insurance company with a sexy girl supposed to be playing 'rumble' by Link Wray. Your hands are not up there love, it's a dsus2.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 26th January 2022, 4:09 PM

Adverts where someone is playing a guitar on screen.
Play the right chords at least. There's one for an insurance company with a sexy girl supposed to be playing 'rumble' by Link Wray. Your hands are not up there love, it's a dsus2.

And it's on fire.

Funny the number of mixed race families in current adverts.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th January 2022, 4:25 PM

Funny the number of mixed race families in current adverts.

Yes, very noticeable.