Things that piss you off Page 1,676

The staff on the Virgin 12:17 from Doncaster to London on Tuesday.
I'll just post the complaint email I sent to them as it'll be easier,

Hi

I was on the 12.17 from Doncaster to Kings Cross yesterday (the 7th of June) and as you will know by now a fire prevented the train from reaching Peterborough which was the only stop on a straight through journey and which obviously isn't the fault of Virgin Trains, however, what happened during the delay could have been made easier had the staff actually taken time to listen to the passengers.

1 - half an hour before we were told what had happened
2 - all the electrics where turned off therefore the A/C was turned off on what turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far
3 - passengers were left for over 90 minutes in the baking heat before ONE door was opened in the carriage I was in, there may have been more doors open in other carriages but the one I was in only had one
4 - the driver said "we will try to get more doors open", there should have been no question about getting other doors open. One of the staff, who I unfortunately forgot to get the name of, said it was a health and safety matter which is fair enough but we were in the middle of a field with nothing but grass either side for about thirty yards so unless somebody suffered from a bad case of hay-fever not much could have happened.
5 - after nearly three hours were told the train was now going back to Doncaster because it couldn't get to Peterborough and we would have to change at Doncaster to get a train to Sheffield to go via PETERBOROUGH to get to London. If the train we were changing to could get to Peterborough why couldn't the one we were on carry on to there?
6 - it would have been almost 7:00pm by the time the Sheffield train got to London, five hours after we were supposed to be there. I had theatre tickets for a show starting at 5:30 so clearly would have missed it and as that was the main reason for going down to London I gave up and went home instead so not only did I not get anywhere near London, I wasted £40 on a theatre ticket along with £88 for a hotel as I had to pay for one due to cancelling with less than 24 hours notice.
While I'm not expecting you to repay me for the wasted theatre ticket and hotel charge, though that would be appreciated for the poor treatment, I do think some form of compensation for the way we were treated should be forthcoming, a full refund for the return journey at the least.
I wait for your response.

I'm not one of those people that actively seeks compensation over minor things but the treatment was appalling. I found out later that Tim Vine was on the same train and had been ranting about it too.

Quote: Sarc @ 10th June 2016, 7:36 PM BST

The staff on the Virgin 12:17 from Doncaster to London on Tuesday.
I'll just post the complaint email I sent to them as it'll be easier,

Hi

I was on the 12.17 from Doncaster to Kings Cross yesterday (the 7th of June) and as you will know by now a fire prevented the train from reaching Peterborough which was the only stop on a straight through journey and which obviously isn't the fault of Virgin Trains, however, what happened during the delay could have been made easier had the staff actually taken time to listen to the passengers.

1 - half an hour before we were told what had happened
2 - all the electrics where turned off therefore the A/C was turned off on what turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far
3 - passengers were left for over 90 minutes in the baking heat before ONE door was opened in the carriage I was in, there may have been more doors open in other carriages but the one I was in only had one
4 - the driver said "we will try to get more doors open", there should have been no question about getting other doors open. One of the staff, who I unfortunately forgot to get the name of, said it was a health and safety matter which is fair enough but we were in the middle of a field with nothing but grass either side for about thirty yards so unless somebody suffered from a bad case of hay-fever not much could have happened.
5 - after nearly three hours were told the train was now going back to Doncaster because it couldn't get to Peterborough and we would have to change at Doncaster to get a train to Sheffield to go via PETERBOROUGH to get to London. If the train we were changing to could get to Peterborough why couldn't the one we were on carry on to there?
6 - it would have been almost 7:00pm by the time the Sheffield train got to London, five hours after we were supposed to be there. I had theatre tickets for a show starting at 5:30 so clearly would have missed it and as that was the main reason for going down to London I gave up and went home instead so not only did I not get anywhere near London, I wasted £40 on a theatre ticket along with £88 for a hotel as I had to pay for one due to cancelling with less than 24 hours notice.
While I'm not expecting you to repay me for the wasted theatre ticket and hotel charge, though that would be appreciated for the poor treatment, I do think some form of compensation for the way we were treated should be forthcoming, a full refund for the return journey at the least.
I wait for your response.

I'm not one of those people that actively seeks compensation over minor things but the treatment was appalling. I found out later that Tim Vine was on the same train and had been ranting about it too.

Man, that sucks! Hope you get some unexpected major good luck/news soon to make up for it!

Quote: DaButt @ 10th June 2016, 7:06 PM BST

Being able to hunt and butcher animals is a skill that humans have only started to give up in the last hundred years or so. We wouldn't be here today without it, so it's not a bad skill to have if you ever find yourself in a survival situation.

Not quite so in my case unless you mean as a species who would have just been eaten and eradicated in the process, as I have been thriving on berries and gravel for the last 38 years and feel pretty good on it. Eh?

Quote: fopdoodle @ 11th June 2016, 12:04 AM BST

Not quite so in my case unless you mean as a species who would have just been eaten and eradicated in the process, as I have been thriving on berries and gravel for the last 38 years and feel pretty good on it. Eh?

I definitely meant as a species, but if you found yourself lost in the wilderness or adrift on a lifeboat you'd probably get pretty good at cleaning and eating animals. No judgement, but the urge for survival is strong.

People that are convinced us vegetarians can eat chicken and still call ourselves vegetarian.

F**k off into the sea you narrow minded gobshites.

Quote: Sarc @ 11th June 2016, 2:49 PM BST

F**k off into the sea...

You eat fish though yeah? ;)

You cheeky scamp.

Don't you mean you cheeky scampi... Smarmy

Oh for f**ks sake

Being ripped off by a buyer on eBay.

This pisses me off: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3637414/Everyone-running-Gunman-bursts-gay-nightclub-Florida-shoots-20-people-taking-hostages.html

I'll be even more pissed off when the calls for gun bans start. I'll also be pissed off if people downplay the role of Islamic terrorism in the shootings.

EDIT: Now they say the death toll is 50. Teary

Apparently he was annoyed because he saw two men kissing.
I f**king hate people.

Quote: zooo @ 12th June 2016, 4:01 PM BST

Apparently he was annoyed because he saw two men kissing.
I f**king hate people.

I love people. Too bad the shooter didn't. :(

Nah, I just hate pretty much everyone right now. What a shitty day.

Quote: zooo @ 12th June 2016, 4:14 PM BST

Nah, I just hate pretty much everyone right now. What a shitty day.

Maybe this will cheer you up: more than 600 people lined up to donate blood in Orlando.

https://twitter.com/stevehelling/status/742008456140427264