Things that piss you off Page 1,589

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th April 2015, 11:04 AM BST

This word that seems to pop up everywhere 'Comfort Zone' or more often 'I was out of my comfort zone'.

My comfort zone is my bed at 06:30 AM just before I have to get up.

it's too hard..... what?

So how long before you get up?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th April 2015, 11:04 AM BST

This word that seems to pop up everywhere 'Comfort Zone' or more often 'I was out of my comfort zone'.

My comfort zone is my bed at 06:30 AM just before I have to get up.

What is it a euphemism for? - 'I can't do it' 'I'm useless at that' it's too hard..... what?

Normally, a 'comfort zone' is something which you are implored to step outside of, in order to supposedly achieve something greater then you otherwise would.

So the replacement debit card arrives and the accompanying letter says that if you are a new customer you will have to wait for a PIN number. If you are an existing customer, you can use your existing PIN. I walk to the ATM and use the existing PIN number. It says sorry, wrong PIN number. I try again. The same message. I go into the newsagent next door and try his chip and pin machine. Sorry, wrong PIN number. I walk home, mumbling more than usual to myself, and ring the bank.

Ah, she says, what has happened here is that they have sent you the instructions for a replacement credit card. Have you lost your credit card too? I say I don't have a credit card and have never had one. Oh, in that case it is just the wrong letter, she says. Wait until tomorrow when a new PIN number should arrive. In the meantime, I can see the transactions you tried to make at the ATM. By trying to use your old PIN number you have inadvertently blocked what will be your new PIN number.

Oh. What do we do then? I have just removed that block from here, she says. Thanks very much. Is there anything else I need to know? Yes, she says. Tomorrow if and when your new PIN number arrives, return to the ATM and press the unblock button. That will enable you to use your new card. I reply sorry. I thought you just said that you have now unblocked it. I have, she says. I've unblocked the ATM for you. But you will have to press unblock on the ATM to unblock all chip and pin machines.

Right. Erm, can I just dig out that letter you sent me? Sure. I'll wait. With letter now beside the telephone, I advise that it is headed Debit Card and not Credit Card. Furthermore, it explains clearly - and I quote here - that replacement cards do not require a new PIN number. Yes, she says. It's badly worded. Replacement card there doesn't mean a card that has replaced one that has been lost or stolen or gone missing. It means a card that has replaced a card damaged by water or something else. I hope, she says, you have a very nice weekend. And I hope you do, I say and down phone!

I vote we go back to keeping our money under our mattresses.

Quote: zooo @ 10th April 2015, 9:04 PM BST

Reckon it will take a fortnight to access any money. :(

Quote: zooo @ 10th April 2015, 9:04 PM BST

our money, our matresses

when did you turn communist Zooo

Quote: sootyj @ 10th April 2015, 9:13 PM BST

our money, our matresses

when did you turn communist Zooo

I'm guessing she was converted by the Reverend Paul Flowers.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th April 2015, 9:02 PM BST

So the replacement debit card arrives and the accompanying letter says that if you are a new customer you will have to wait for a PIN number. If you are an existing customer, you can use your existing PIN.

Ah, she says, what has happened here is that they have sent you the instructions for a replacement credit card. Have you lost your credit card too?

I say I don't have a credit card and have never had one.

Hang on a minute. am I being a bit dense?

According to the info above you are a new customer. You say you've never had a credit card before so you have to wait for a new PIN.

Clear as mud - I have a debit but not a credit one.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th April 2015, 10:22 PM BST

Clear as mud - I have a debit but not a credit one.

So if you applied for a Credit Card you'd be a new customer.

Quote: Chappers @ 13th April 2015, 9:56 PM BST

Hang on a minute. am I being a bit dense?

According to the info above you are a new customer. You say you've never had a credit card before so you have to wait for a new PIN.

No. I am not a new customer chappers. I thought I had lost my old debit card. The letter says that new PIN numbers are needed for new customers who have a debit card sent to them. Also, existing customers can use their existing PIN numbers with a replacement card. But actually they can't do if the replacement card is for a card that was lost or stolen rather than damaged. They have to wait for a new PIN number. I rang them for half an hour at 1.30 pm to say that the number still hadn't arrived six days on and our post never arrives in the afternoon. I explained that I wasn't at all happy with their service. But just five minutes later, the postman turned up and handed the PIN number to me!

Quote: Chappers @ 13th April 2015, 10:26 PM BST

So if you applied for a Credit Card you'd be a new customer.

No, but I think they assume you wouldn't necessarily want to use the same PIN as the debit card..........Yes?No? :S That's as far as my tired brain will go. It's that bloody Horse's fault.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 13th April 2015, 10:30 PM BST

No Just five minutes later, the postman turned up and handed the PIN number to me.

:O I thought that was supposed to be confidential?

OK Horse. I get it now.

But the "Number" is unnecessary as PIN stands for Personal Identification Number.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th April 2015, 10:32 PM BST

No, but I think they assume you wouldn't necessarily want to use the same PIN as the debit card..........Yes?No? :S That's as far as my tired brain will go. It's that bloody Horse's fault.

No - that wouldn't be the case.

To set it up they'll give you a different one but you'd be able to change it.

Pissed off doesn't cover it. I have been prepared and waiting for District Nurse visit since 8am. A Nurse rang yesterday to confirm it would be early this morning. At 3pm today OH phoned to see where she had got to. The call centre couldn't see any record of it and said they would get Nurse to phone. 20 minutes later Nurse phoned to say they had forgotten me and they will come tomorrow. Now I have to change my plans again. I get the impression they think I don't have a life. Another day wasted.

I sympathise. Doesn't matter so much now I have retired, but when I was working I had to wangle a day off whenever someone wanted to come and see my wife (she cannot get to the door - wheelchair bound) and then they would change the date at the last minute. Grrrrrrrrrr! Angry