Things that piss you off Page 1,590

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th April 2015, 4:02 PM BST

I sympathise. Doesn't matter so much now I have retired, but when I was working I had to wangle a day off whenever someone wanted to come and see my wife (she cannot get to the door - wheelchair bound) and then they would change the date at the last minute. Grrrrrrrrrr! Angry

Thank you. Same here, I cannot open the door either so someone has to be here. After last week's hospital fiasco I am beginning to wonder what value the NHS put on their patients.

I spend several hours each day writing to doctors but I rarely send the letters. Given that what I am saying is rational, there is more chance of getting a more useful response from the air. In fact, I did realise after a while that when I was writing to what I thought were doctors I was writing to the air. That distinction became useful as previously in my brain my GP and the air were one and the same.

Recently, I had to switch my GP as she went crackers in a really diabolical way just before Christmas. If I didn't know better, I'd say she was a downright nasty piece of work. But what I have concluded is that she is suffering from the opposite of Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy. That is, she enjoys the power of pretending that actual illness is fictitious and induces additional symptoms in her patients.

She once said to one of my relatives that she was a useless doctor. Didn't they agree? The too civil response from them was "oh no, not at all". In the one letter I did decide to send, I told her that I knew about that conversation and would like to agree with her self-assessment. I am now with a charming Indian man - I say man, he is 12 but fully qualified. Still, nothing feels right when what one really wants is a GP who is a family friend, has only ten patients to manage and is aged about 93.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th April 2015, 4:40 PM BST

I spend several hours each day writing to doctors but I rarely send the letters. Given that what I am saying is rational, there is more chance of getting a more useful response from the air. In fact, I did realise after a while that when I was writing to what I thought were doctors I was writing to the air. That distinction became useful as previously in my brain my GP and the air were one and the same.

Recently, I had to switch my GP as she went crackers in a really diabolical way just before Christmas. If I didn't know better, I'd say she was a downright nasty piece of work. But what I have concluded is that she is suffering from the opposite of Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy. That is, she enjoys the power of pretending that actual illness is fictitious and induces additional symptoms in her patients.

She once said to one of my relatives that she was a useless doctor. Didn't they agree? The too civil response from them was "oh no, not at all". In the one letter I did decide to send, I told her that I knew about that conversation and would like to agree with her self-assessment. I am now with a charming Indian man - I say man, he is 12 but fully qualified. Still, nothing feels right when what one really wants is a GP who is a family friend, has only ten patients to manage and is aged about 93.

GP's are under terrible pressure, I sympathise with them, but there are good and not so good ones regardless of that.
I have a new GP who is not Indian and is older than twelve. He has thousands of patients, many more than Govt. guidelines suggest. He has been good to me so far.
I don't write letters but I do belong to action groups and will be raising my recent experiences at the next meeting.

Quote: Loopey @ 14th April 2015, 4:58 PM BST

GP's are under terrible pressure, I sympathise with them, but there are good and not so good ones regardless of that.
I have a new GP who is not Indian and is older than twelve. He has thousands of patients, many more than Govt. guidelines suggest. He has been good to me so far.
I don't write letters but I do belong to action groups and will be raising my recent experiences at the next meeting.

Just to clarify, I asked to switch to the Indian guy as I have a VERY big issue with British medics. Every doctor/surgeon/nurse of ethnic background who I have ever encountered - Indian, Iranian, Norwegian, Irish, Jamaican - has been nothing less than wonderful. Nearly every Brit - 90% plus - has been quite offhand. On the pressure point, I fully accept there are stresses in the public sector as I was employed there. But I tend to think it is the lower levels mainly and that the salaries GPs get are almost obscene. An octogenarian neighbour told his GP that his granddaughter had become a GP to which his GP replied "oh, how is she finding it?". Neighbour said "do you want the honest answer?" "Yes" he said not expecting the answer he was about to be given."She says it's money for old rope".

Getting a mechanised phone call from the healthcare company regarding fitting hand rails.

Firstly when I get a mechanised phone call I assume it's a scam until I hear the word healthcare. By then I've missed most of the message and as it's mechanised there's nobody to ask to repeat or clarify.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th April 2015, 6:10 PM BST

Getting a mechanised phone call from the healthcare company regarding fitting hand rails.

Firstly when I get a mechanised phone call I assume it's a scam until I hear the word healthcare. By then I've missed most of the message and as it's mechanised there's nobody to ask to repeat or clarify.

Never had that despite my wife being disabled for the last four years and had her details bandied about with various organisations. Council fitted everything.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th April 2015, 7:17 PM BST

Never had that despite my wife being disabled for the last four years and had her details bandied about with various organisations. Council fitted everything.

This is through the Council but they subcontract. I want to give them a piece of my mind (!) but I can't find any contact details. The bloke who did the work was really good but he was sub-sub contracted.

F**king Heathrow Airport contact system.

we sent a cab to collect someone. Neither of us could contact her to advise her so I wanted an announcement made but I couldn't talk to a real person and just got unhelpful options to ring!

I sent the following feedback although I don't expect any response.

"I am absolutely disgusted with the lack of a decent telephone communication system.

We sent a taxi to collect a passenger as we were not able to go following a bereavement.

The passenger obviously didn't notice the sign for her, a woman in her 60s who had never travelled alone before.

I tried to ring to get an announcement made to tell her there was a cab waiting for her. There was no option to get an announcement made. I had to try various options - dial 1 dial 3 dial 4 - but nothing was relevant. All I wanted to do was get an announcement for this passenger. In the en she got herself a taxi and I had to pay £30 for a taxi we didn't use.

Thanks for your incredible service! You really just don't care do you as long as you rake in the cash! "

People driving on sidelights. What are they saying?

I can't see you - sidelights no f**kin' use

You can't see me - sidelights no f**kin' use

Angry

By a similar token, people driving on a filthy dark day with no lights on at all, and oddly enough usually in a grey car.

"Can't see a problem here because I can see you"

Of course you can because I have my f**king lights on, you twat! Angry

Quote: Chappers @ 17th April 2015, 5:59 PM BST

F**king Heathrow Airport contact system.

we sent a cab to collect someone. Neither of us could contact her to advise her so I wanted an announcement made but I couldn't talk to a real person and just got unhelpful options to ring!

I sent the following feedback although I don't expect any response.

"I am absolutely disgusted with the lack of a decent telephone communication system.

We sent a taxi to collect a passenger as we were not able to go following a bereavement.

The passenger obviously didn't notice the sign for her, a woman in her 60s who had never travelled alone before.

I tried to ring to get an announcement made to tell her there was a cab waiting for her. There was no option to get an announcement made. I had to try various options - dial 1 dial 3 dial 4 - but nothing was relevant. All I wanted to do was get an announcement for this passenger. In the en she got herself a taxi and I had to pay £30 for a taxi we didn't use.

Thanks for your incredible service! You really just don't care do you as long as you rake in the cash! "

What a dreadful service. If you don't hear back I hope you will take it to someone higher up. It's the last thing you need in your situation. You have my sympathy. xxx

I'm pissed off because OH is away and I was looking forward to a good night's sleep without him snoring or pinching the duvet or lumping me in the back with his knees when he turns over but I can't sleep 'cos I miss him. Can't win.

Quote: Loopey @ 19th April 2015, 12:07 AM BST

I'm pissed off because OH is away and I was looking forward to a good night's sleep without him snoring or pinching the duvet or lumping me in the back with his knees when he turns over but I can't sleep 'cos I miss him. Can't win.

Do you want me to come off the bench? Although I believe I snore too.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th April 2015, 12:22 AM BST

Do you want me to come off the bench? Although I believe I snore too.

Thanks for the offer but I might have trouble explaining it to the neighbours.
Do you sleep on the left or right BTW.

Right, that's enough, I must go back to bed and try to sleep. Be quiet all of you or there'll be trouble tomorrow. Angry

People who take photos of what they're about to eat. And put it on Facebook. And people who encourage them by writing, 'Stop it. It's making me hungry.'
People who quote Black Adder, but I've been through this before.
People who do not want to lick vinegar off Melanie C's glabella. You are not normal.
People.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th April 2015, 9:31 PM BST

By a similar token, people driving on a filthy dark day with no lights on at all, and oddly enough usually in a grey car.

"Can't see a problem here because I can see you"

Of course you can because I have my f**king lights on, you twat! Angry

You are not alone in noticing this - it's almost uncanny. (The car being grey/silver)

I don't want to be sexist but 90% of them are women drivers too.

I'm suprised in these days of Health and Safety domination that car manufacturers are not forced to have automatic headlights. (some do and I have always thought it's a good thing)