Things that piss you off Page 1,213

Cooking shows that say they are making a dish suitable for a gluten free diet and then put something with gluten it. For most people it's not a choice like been a vegetarian/vegan/low carb and could make someone seriously ill.

Quote: Rob H @ March 16 2013, 9:32 AM GMT

Opening Minds is generally used as part of a school's transition programme to bridge the gap between primary - where kids have one teacher - and secondary -where this could increase to fourteen or more. By combining a number of subjects under the umbrella of Opening Minds this means they have one teacher for that subject instead of 4 or 5 for the separate subjects.

Thanks, that explains things much better. Not sure why they use such a misleading title, maybe they thought using a trendy, new age-y name would cover up the fact they're largely teaching the same old subjects popularly thought of as boring...apart from things like CPR which was also chucked in, and which my daughter found that to be enlightening (you can never tell where from where enlightenment will come, grasshopper)

Certainly I think my son's school could do more to inform parents of the teaching methods used so that they could be used at home too.

Our primary school does just that, with printed sheets and even classes for parents to attend, to learn more about the modern techniques.

You have a point, but the single biggest pointable correlation in terms of achievement is that between attendance and attainment.

There's no question that a correlation exists, it's over-simplified statement relating to causation that annoyed me. As I said, I don't doubt that actually going to classes tends to help kids learn, and that trying to get them to go is a good thing, but it's a question of means and ends; is the headmaster justified in fiddling the stats to make his point? Because that seems like a slippery slope to me.

Bad manners annoys me, but I always ask myself how much of their sh1t is really mine to deal with? and this puts me back in a calmer mood where I feel ok with the safety catch back in position.

Dogs that like liking me. And the snowman song we walking in the air. And the BBC 1991-1997 Video Logo scary as hell.

Why isn't it Christmas? :( I want some of these.

I could gorge on some of those right now.

Still another week to go without a shower and with the builder making a racket all day and switching off the electricity and the water and waking up the baby and knocking on my door and just being in the house! Why does it have to take so long :(

People that avoid talking to you for no apparent reason.

Who said that?

Quote: zooo @ March 18 2013, 11:47 PM GMT

Why isn't it Christmas? :( I want some of these.

Those are the most boring chocs you could choose, zooo. Give me some Celebrations or (Miniature) Heroes over them any day.

Quote: zooo @ March 19 2013, 12:00 AM GMT

Who said that?

>_<

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 18 2013, 11:58 PM GMT

People that avoid talking to you for no apparent reason.

There is a very good reason and you know it!

Please finish your "Year in the life of my Penis album" and I'll break the silence!

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 19 2013, 12:01 AM GMT

Those are the most boring chocs you could choose, zooo. Give me some Celebrations or (Miniature) Heroes over them any day.

Oh no, I hate those! If I want a chocolate bar I'll have one, not a miniature version of one!
Roses and Quality Streets are pretty and colourful and prettyyy.

:D

Quote: zooo @ March 19 2013, 12:03 AM GMT

Oh no, I hate those! If I want a chocolate bar I'll have one, not a miniature version of one!
Roses and Quality Streets are pretty and colourful and prettyyy.

BAH!

When you go in a small shop that's empty and the staff look so broken down and close to the edge that you feel you have to buy something just to help keep them afloat for another week.

Quote: chipolata @ March 19 2013, 10:52 AM GMT

When you go in a small shop that's empty and the staff look so broken down and close to the edge that you feel you have to buy something just to help keep them afloat for another week.

That pisses you off? Eh?