Things that piss you off Page 1,208

Try telling that to this guy,

What does Renegade Carpark have to do with it?

He just bloody loves British Telecom :')

GR&AHH#HHH@HHH%HH#HH!

*Feels slightly better.

His hair greatly annoys me.

Maths homework pisses me off. Or rather, maths homework with a 7 year old who refuses to follow the correct method you taught her because she insists her incorrect method is right.

My maths teachers were always amazed at my ability to her the right results with the incorrect method

Don't crush her little hopes so young!

The problem is that she's getting the wrong answers and insisting they are correct.

Quote: Harridan @ March 13 2013, 12:06 AM GMT

BT Infinity. It's just so f**king awful. It completely cuts out when the phone rings and it's constantly dropping to 5.5mbps, and then the bloody router needs to be reset if we want it to go any faster. GAH!

My 3g mifi and even my old dongle out performs work BT WiFi every time

Quote: Harridan @ March 13 2013, 3:17 PM GMT

The problem is that she's getting the wrong answers and insisting they are correct.

Yeh crush away then

Yeh crush away then

Waiting for a meeting looking at all the main signs

They're weird

Still, what's a girl going to need maths for?

Presenting countdown

Quote: sootyj @ March 13 2013, 3:29 PM GMT

Presenting countdown

Effluence!

Teach her to reverse the calculation and see if it come back to the original figures. e.g if it was a multiply sum, show her how to divide the result by one of the numbers and it should come back to the other number. i.e. let her prove to herself that she got the wrong answer.

Quote: Harridan @ March 13 2013, 3:07 PM GMT

Maths homework pisses me off. Or rather, maths homework with a 7 year old who refuses to follow the correct method you taught her because she insists her incorrect method is right.

I bet it will be the school and their stupid, stupid ways. We go through this all the time with our 3 girls. Schools have a really bad habit these days showing the kids how to do things backwards. And the kids for some reason think that's the right way.

It got to a point of argument with the so called "teachers" because the kids we're getting confused with what the school was telling/showing them and what we was telling/showing them. yet the schools still expect you to abide by school ways when the kids bring home work home.

Its the schools/government putting pressure on parents to employ pressure to kids. Their bully tactics don't wash with me.

Quote: Nigel Ball @ March 13 2013, 4:02 PM GMT

I bet it will be the school and their stupid, stupid ways. We go through this all the time with our 3 girls. Schools have a really bad habit these days showing the kids how to do things backwards. And the kids for some reason think that's the right way.

It got to a point of argument with the so called "teachers" because the kids we're getting confused with what the school was telling/showing them and what we was telling/showing them. yet the schools still expect you to abide by school ways when the kids bring home work home.

Its the schools/government putting pressure on parents to employ pressure to kids. Their bully tactics don't wash with me.

Laughing out loud