Rock & Chips Page 8

Albie was mentioned in an episode where Rodney goes out with a girl who Del has reason to belive might be his daughter.
The name of the episode is referenced earlier in tbis thread.

found it

Quote: peter gazzard @ January 21 2010, 8:46 AM GMT

Nicholas also did The Two Of Us and The Piglet Files for ITV. The Two Of Us was very good IMO

Saw Albie Littlewood is fearured in Rock And Chips. He is referred to in the OFAH episode Happy Returns,where Del is convinced Rodney's latest girlfriend is his daughter

Cheers. :)

Quote: Aaron @ January 26 2010, 2:48 PM GMT

The furniture in the room was constantly changing and moving around. General positioning was kept, but it varied.

The changing furniture was explained away as Del having sold it and replaced it with something els I think. IIRC there was a lollypop lady's stick by the kitchen door during the second series for some reason :)

Indeed. The flat was essentially a convenient extension of the garage (storage).

Quote: Richard Wells @ January 26 2010, 6:32 PM GMT

Just nearly everybody :D

Well everybody...is wrong!

Spin-offs are a tricky business and does no harm to change the style as they have for Rock and Chips by having a comedy drama rather than a sit-com format which a lot of critics have accused of being a cop out for having a low joke count (Another criticism I read accused it of looking like a slightly dated Play for Today).

I enjoyed the novelty of this and loved Nicolas Lyndhurt's performance but whether it could sustain a series is questionable because without the calibre of jokes that OFAH had, it could just end up floundering around as a Sunday evening nostalgic chocolate box drama series (or God forbid another Green Green Grass).

Would like to see Freddy the frog working at Sterling Cooper Advertising Agency though.

Rodney thou plonker!

Sending out a cross channel ferry of love for this mine friends and enamas.

The laughter was there. Sure thang. But also found this had much more depth than me has been used to from OFAH. Dare I say twas almost exi exi exi exi existentialist.

Quote: Zane Bowers @ January 27 2010, 4:13 PM GMT

Rodney thou plonker!

Sending out a cross channel ferry of love for this mine friends and enamas.

The laughter was there. Sure thang. But also found this had much more depth than me has been used to from OFAH. Dare I say twas almost exi exi exi exi existentialist.

Banned after 3 posts! That's funnier than anything I've seen on TV for ages.

Quote: roscoff @ January 29 2010, 3:01 PM GMT

Banned after 3 posts! That's funnier than anything I've seen on TV for ages.

You obviously missed Aaron on Television X the other night then.

I thought it was poor despite liking most of the cast.

I only just watched this last night. I was away when it was broadcast.

IMO it was great. I thought this was by far Nicholas Lyndhurst's finest role to date, surpassing Rodney. The part of Joan was played fantastically by Kellie Bright. Casting on the whole was tremendous. James Buckley was also a great choice as Del.

The music added to the piece too. A real Sullivan hit in my book. Certainly better than the OFAH spin off series with Boycie and Marlene.

For me Rock & Chips would get huge thumbs up for a series. Apparently JS has enough material for two series at the moment, which is good news.

Great stuff.

Delighted this show has been given a series.

Looks like this show is back at Christmas and Easter. Only two episodes instead of the six previously rumoured though. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/10_october/19/rock.shtml

Perhaps a little disappointing, but could ration them to the best stories and characters rather than just raiding everything available.

It will, hopefully, mean that the main man will write them, rather than farming them out.